The WASH Officer will work under the direction of the WASH/shelter Project Manager. S/he will be responsible for supporting the implementation of WASH activities of CARE’s response to the conflict in northwest Syria. S/he will need to regularly co-ordinate and communicate with CARE’s implementing partners and field consultants in order to ensure the effective, day-to-day implementation of programs; and with other CARE cross-border team members, especially logistics and finance, to ensure a rapid, appropriate and effective response
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1 Program Management and implementation
• Support the Project Manager and partners in updating implementation plans, procurement plans, and MEAL plans.
• Provide ongoing, regular technical support to implementing partners and consultants to ensure that WASH activities are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
• Coordinate with the stakeholders on the ground to be in the loop of the security situation and report back any security concerns.
• Follow up on the WASH progress report, weekly reports and monthly reports.
• Double-check final BoQs and verify the submitted quantity and cost.
• Support partners in developing needs assessment tools, implementing NFI distribution plan and WASH rehabilitation plan
• Provide technical guidance to CARE for international’s WASH field consultants.
• Support in developing any required BOQs and technical specifications needed.
• Prepare reports on a weekly basis to the line manager.
• Carry out any other duties as agreed with the line manager.
• Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH activities.
• To ensure that work aims to meet Minimum Standards and adheres to global WASH standards such as sphere/WHO standards.
Job Responsibility #2 Monitor Program Quality
• Working closely with the M&E team, review WASH emergency distribution beneficiaries lists, update and analysis beneficiary database in collaboration with Information management department.
• Liaise regularly with CARE’s Program Support units to ensure HR, admin, logs, procurement, finance requirements are met.
• Working closely with the field consultant team, to plan their visits, review and follow on their findings and reports.
• Prepare a weekly report on finding issues and share it with the project manager
• Working closely with the independent verification team, to plan their inspection visit and review and follow on their finding.
Job Responsibility #3 Information and Coordination
• Participate in program coordination meetings regularly
• Represent CARE to local partners, governmental and non-governmental groups as needed.
• Ensure CARE’s participation and active contribution in WASH Cluster and Technical Working Groups
Job Responsibility #4 Program planning, reporting, and Lesson Learning
Job Responsibility #6
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Engineering degree with relevant WASH specialization, or equivalent.
• 2 years’ relevant experience
• Arabic language
• Required At least 2 years of WASH experience in North Syria context.
• Experience with sub-granting and working through local partners.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent and/or minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in WASH with an International Non-Government Organization (INGO)
• Good understanding of WASH in emergencies, rehabilitation and kits distribution
• Ability to present concise reports, reflecting the problems and possible solutions
• Experience in facilitating training sessions
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Understanding of the importance of gender and participation in Humanitarian work.
• Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and English is desired.
• Ability to work effectively under stress in emergency situations.
• Strong computer program skills (Microsoft Office)
• Arabic language skill is required.
• Remote management of programs
• Monitoring and evaluation of remote programs
• Knowledge of/experience in the Middle East context
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to email
provided when you click the apply button.
Reference Code: WASH Officer
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **