CARE International in Turkey (CARE), together with its partners, is providing humanitarian assistance to people affected by the Syrian crisis, both in Syria and Turkey. CARE began projects responding to the needs of Syrian refugees in southern Turkey in October 2014.
CARE works with conflict-affected refugees inside Turkey and host communities – with a focus on vulnerable women and girls. CARE Turkey places women and girls at the center of its work with refugees because a woman is the catalyst of change in her community – changing her life will change the community; they are also disproportionally affected by poverty. In the context of refugees, girls are vulnerable to early marriage, and girls and boys both are vulnerable to sexual exploitation and to exploitation in the labor market. This does not mean that we do not work with men. By engaging with men, we are better able to address these issues.
This position is contingent upon confirmation of funding.
I - Position Summary
Reporting to the WEE Coordinator and working in collaboration with relevant staff. The Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Coordinator in implementing the Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) projects in Hatay, Turkey. The WEE Assistant will also be supporting in the implementing of a Shelter/WASH component which includes shared building and community-based shelter upgrades. This position will be based in Reyhanli/Hatay.
This position is contingent upon confirmation of funding.
Fieldwork: 80% (4 days/week)
Office work: 20% (1 day/week
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1
Implementation of WEE Activities
- Support in the implementation of the women’s economic empowerment and Shelter/WASH programs in Hatay as per donor agreement and CARE guidelines and agreed implementation strategy, under the supervision of the Coordinator.
- Perform regular tasks related to beneficiary selection/recruitment, training enrolment, cash for training activities, documentation and data and information collection and analysis.
- Support in regular tasks related to community-based shelter upgrades, and communal upgrades specific to women’s needs in Hatay. Closely support the Project Engineer(Gaziantep) to develop the related Bill of Quantities and to complete the regular checklists
Actively participate in community mobilization including organizing community meetings; beneficiary selection, protection outreach; liaise directly with communities, elders and local authorities, as well as other agencies operational in Hatay regularly to ensure coordination and effective implementation of activities.
Job Responsibility #2
- Ensure adequate and accurate records of information on beneficiaries are made and undertake regular data entry work as required.
- Maintain data pertaining to all WEE and shelter/WASH activities.
- Maintain the database for project activities, with the support of MEI in Hatay and the leadership of IM in Gaziantep
- Ensure data consistency and integrity across activities implemented
- Coordinate closely with the MEAL team to ensure accurate data collection and reporting. Other:
- Any other task as required by the line manager.
- Proficient in spoken and written Arabic
- Strong spoken and written English
- Strong computer skills, especially in MS Word, MS Excel, Access and MS Outlook.
- Team player who is able to work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds and cross-culturally.
- Work/voluntary experience with NGOs.
- Experience of community-based work
- Strong planning, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong report writing and documentation skills
- Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
- Gender awareness and a commitment to gender equality.
- Experience in Shelter/WASH Programming
- Experience in Livelihood Programming
- Experience with translation.
Must be able to read and interpret documents written in Arabic into English, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates, please send a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to email
provided when you click the apply button.
Reference Code: WEE Assistant
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
“Applications are strongly encouraged from female candidates“
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **