I - Position Summary
Reporting to the Project Manager and working in collaboration with technical managers and relevant support staff. The WEE Coordinator will line manage a field supporter. The Coordinator will be responsible for line-managing a team to implement a Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE) projects in Adana, Turkey.
The WEE Coordinator will ensure that agreed procedures are followed and accountability mechanisms are implemented in order to ensure high quality programming and continually improve the support to refugees provided by CARE.
II - General Functions
- Planning, implementation and follow-up of WEE activities.
- Liaison with service providers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Management of data and reporting
- Line management duties
- Contributing to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
Estimated breakdown: (Estimated breakdown could be affected by CARE’s policies regarding mitigating the risks of COVID-19).
Field work: 60-80% (3-4 days/week)
Office work: 20-40% (1-2 days/week)
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibility #1
Planning, implementation and follow-up of activities
- Oversee the overall implementation of the women’s economic empowerment programming in Adana supporting in successful project delivery as per donor agreement and CARE guidelines and agreed implementation strategy.
- Conduct regular monitoring exercises to provide support to ensure quality implementation.
- Keep up-to-date of relevant existing and new research in Turkey on women’s empowerment, and gender issues; refugees and the labor market environment
- Lead the scheduling and planning of the project activities and follow-up, producing work plans for WEE activities in agreement with the Project Manager.
- Develop and implement research together with the Program quality team, Project Managers and field staff which contributes to a deepened understanding of women’s empowerment and gender issues in project implementation areas, around youth and women’s economic empowerment, market systems, value chain support, and engaging the private sector.
- Perform regular tasks related to beneficiary selection/recruitment, training enrolment, cash for training activities, documentation and data and information collection and analysis.
Plan and carry out job/product fairs and other activities to support the promotion/selling of program participants’ products/services
Job Responsibility #2
Liaison with service providers and other relevant stakeholders
- Lead and organize sensitization activities to introduce CARE to local/national institutions related to training, employment and the NGO sector.
- Regularly liaise with stakeholders from peer NGOs; community leaders; knowledgeable persons in the communities; representatives of trade groups, cooperatives, and special interest groups to facilitate their involvement in the project or gather relevant information.
- Supervise staff coordinating with training service providers and focal points to plan and implement trainings.
- Undertake periodic stakeholder mapping of relevant organizations and institutions, highlighting which organizations are doing what and for whom in the livelihoods sector.
Work with the Project Manager to coordinate with relevant actors (including government institutions), ensuring that necessary permissions/approvals are in place, duplication is avoided and coverage of assistance is maximized.
Job Responsibility #3
Management of data and reporting
- Ensure that adequate and accurate hard-copy and electronic (including database) records of information on participants and activities are kept by the Project team.
- Supervise production of regular activity reports on livelihoods activities and prepare final drafts for review by the Project Manager and the Program quality (PQ) team
Compile monthly summary reports for activities for submission to the Project Manager Assist the Project Manager with the preparation of project reports for CARE member partners and donors.
Job Responsibility #4
Line management duties: 20%
- Line manage a a field supporter accordance with CARE HR procedures and oversee the work of team volunteers and translators (under the line management of the Project Manager) for trainings if relevant.
Ensure compliance by the WEE staff with CARE’s Human Resource, Financial, Logistics & Security policies and procedures.
Job Responsibility #5
Contribute to high quality implementation of CARE’s refugee response
- Work with the MEL team to ensure ongoing review and monitoring to enable improvement of projects.
- With the MEL Coordinator, ensure that participants are selected for activities based on agreed criteria/profiles and are registered according to procedure.
- Ensure that feedback received from community members, project participants and key stakeholders is used to continually improve activities and that activities are meeting the needs of the communities or targeted individuals.
- Review and validate the findings of monitoring and accountability activities with the MEAL Coordinator and provide feedback for continually improving the quality of activities.
- Attend coordination meetings if required by the Project Manager and Head of Programs.Follow up on all referred cases (relevant to Adana province) via internal and external referral mechanisms
Any other task as required by line manager.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Development Studies, International Relations, Private Sector Development, Rural Development or a related field from an accredited academic institution with three to five years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent project management experience in complex contexts.
- Prior experience of developing and implementing Livelihoods activities; ideally women’s economic empowerment projects
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with projects involving implementation across multiple locations, and a willingness for frequent travel.
- Good knowledge of vulnerability assessment/beneficiary selection processes and approaches.
- Gender awareness and a commitment to gender equality.
- Strong coaching, training and mentoring skills.
- Prioritizes teamwork and contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Strong awareness of safety, security and risk management best practices.
- Fluent spoken and written English
Solid computer skills, especially in MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel
- Experience in interventions aimed at enhancing socio-economic conditions of vulnerable populations, such as micro-finance, private sector development, local economic recovery, employment promotion, agricultural development, entrepreneurship building, vocational and technical education, and training or poverty reduction;
- Prior experience of participating in humanitarian coordination mechanisms
- Experience in liaising with government authorities, other national/international institutions and NGOs, and building effective partnerships with private sector Arabic speaking and/or reading skills
Fluency in written and oral English and Arabic. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively. Excellent report writing skills.
Contract length: Probation period of 2 months.
- Duration of the contract is for one year with possibility of extension, depending on performance and funding.
- Recruitment for this position is dependent on final confirmation of funding.
Child Protection Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to CARE Turkey, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. CARE Turkey is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
CARE Turkey expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. CARE employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside CARE.
Employment is subject to the possession of valid identification documents (passport, residency card, temporary protection card, etc.) and successfully obtaining permission to work by the Government of Turkey (work permit). CARE will submit the work permit application on behalf of the selected candidate after the job offer accepted. Candidate can start to work for CARE only after the work permit is received. Failure to provide the required documents or rejection of a work permit application by the Government of Turkey will result in your employment offer being rescinded.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates, please attach a Curriculum Vitae in English and a Cover letter (in a separate file of no more than one A4 page) describing how your skills and experience match the requirements of this post, following to provided link when you click on the apply button.
Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
** CARE International is an Equal Opportunity Employer **
** Female candidates are encouraged to apply! **