CASE OFFICER – İstanbul/Zeytinburnu (x2) and Kilis (x2)
|YERYÜZÜ DOKTORLARI DERNEĞİ||İstanbul,Kilis|
|Case Management Officer||Sivil Toplum|
|Arapça (B2, Level 4, Intermediate ),Arapça (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),İngilizce (C1, Level 5, Upper Intermediate),Arapça (C2, Level 6, Advanced),İngilizce (C2, Level 6, Advanced),Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Doctors Worldwide (DWW) is looking for Case Officers in partnership with GIZ for a project entitled "Community Centers for refugees and vulnerable host communities providing comprehensive psycho-social support (PSS) and Protection Services". The Community Centres and Local Initiatives Project (CLIP) will be implemented in İstanbul/Zeytinburnu and Kilis Community Centers.
DWW is an international humanitarian aid organization who serves medical relief to communities in need through the provision of sustainable medical relief and health-based development programs over 40 countries worldwide.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
- Accurately and completely follow the necessary processes to develop efficient and measurable protection.
- Determine the needs of the beneficiaries accurately, and evaluate them in detail in order to establish a correct follow-up plan.
- Implementing case management stages in a timely manner to ensure that case follow-up is finalized as soon as possible
- Establish the barriers to protection and gather information to manage the removal of these barriers.
- Evaluate, guide, and accompany beneficiaries who need physical /mental health treatment/ support in accordance with specialized services.
FUNCTIONAL AND HIERARCHICAL LINES
- In coordination with the Community Center Manager, to work in accordance with the general objectives and principles of the project, to work in coordination with teammates, and to report all processes at desired intervals.
- To organize protection and awareness raising sessions at the Community Centers or outdoors at regular intervals, and to inform the manager to whom he/she is affiliated with to obtain the relevant permissions when necessary.
- Organize community activities to provide protection information, and communicate with the beneficiaries in need. Follow up with local stakeholders and report the information to the Community Center Manager.
- Provide briefings and present case overviews to colleagues and more senior members of staff where necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Coordinate inter-agency referral process, including medical and resettlement referrals.
- Enhance service mapping and ensure referral mechanisms are functional.
- Evaluate health special needs cases and determine tailored intervention.
- Ensure the quality implementation of the health referals and appointments, including liaising with various Turkish Health Service providers to facilitate access for beneficiaries.
- Ensure activities across all projects, including monitoring, conform to basic minimum protection requirements.
- Work closely with the monitoring team and the project manager on the timely monitoring and evaluation of the Special Needs Fund, referrals and assessments.
- Facilitate the qualitative and quantitative monitoringof the project through team meetings, post-assistance visits, regular reportingand any other monitoring tools.
- Follow all the rules that must be followed within the scope of House Visits and act as necessary for the proper representation of Yeryüzü Doktorları.
- Evaluate the beneficiaries’ satisfaction through open communication and monitoring tools.
- Develop periodic bulletins specific to the Community Center.
- To act in accordance with the privacy of the beneficiary, especially regarding child safety, and to support other team members to be sensitive with the related sensitivies.
- Participate in all training and orientation meetings that may sometimes take place on weekends.
- Fulfill the tasks delegated by the Community Center Manager and work in accordance with the general needs of the Project.
- Ensuring that the project runs in a healthy manner in cooperation with all personnel; to avoid any kind of behavior and attitude in which the beneficiaries and personnel may be physically or physically damaged.
- Bachelors Degree in Social Science and or relevant area(s)
- Turkish citizenship is preferred
- Experience with case management protocols
- Knowledge of protection and key protection concerns
- Turkish and/or English is fluently
- Arabic is an asset
- Knowledge of Farsi and Kurdish is an advantage
- Experience with MHPSS or PSS program implementation highly desired
- At least 2 years experience in the humanitarian field
- Experience working with refugees and special populations
- Ability to communicate with vulnerable populations
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently andas part of a team.
- Advanced knowledge in psychosocial / psychological interventions
- Compassionate while working with refugees
- Maintains confidentiality and respect towards beneficiaries
- Good interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
All applicants must apply with a cover letter and an updated CV.
Applications close date: 15 January 2020.
Note: This job description only serves as a guide for the position available. Doctors Worldwide (DWW) reserves the right to change this document. DWW retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
The salary is based on DWW’s salary policy in line with the project budget. Applications by phone will not be accepted.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. DWW reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency. Therefore early applications are encouraged.