AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for 2 Case Workers who will be positioned in Mardin, Turkey.
- Assist the team in service mapping, in line with the case management SOPs.
- Conduct field assessment and follow up on extremely vulnerable individuals or households with special needs
- Communicate with the beneficiaries directly during the case management cycle to provide timely response,
- Translate the supporting documents and act as an interpreter when required,
- Monitor, review and follow up the cases which have been provided assistance,
- Draft weekly and monthly reports on project activities,
- Conduct best interest assessment/best interest determination, for vulnerable children when required.
- Obtain an up to date cloud folder for all the case’s files.
- Plan for the weekly case management committee and prepare all the related documents and files
- Minimum 1 year’s professional experience in conducting field activities
- Fluency in English and Kurdish or Arabic language(speaking, reading and writing)
- Flexibility to work in fast-paced and multi-cultural work environment sometimes under extreme pressure
- Knowledge of Turkish is an advantage.
- Familiarity with the local refugee context in Mardin
- Strong commitment to humanitarian principles
- Strong communication skills with the beneficiaries
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Start day: ASAP
- Work location: Mardin with occasional business trips inside Turkey
- Condition: Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to email provided in the apply button indicating the code number which is MY-CW-2019-A in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by 13rd of December, 2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.