Case Worker (Ref: TUR1015)
|Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Job Title: Case Worker
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe! We are one of the largest and most respected private organizations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. We are a politically independent and non-denominational organization, our value-oriented actions are always based on humanitarian principles. Our vision is a world in which everyone has the chance and the right to lead a self-determined life in dignity and justice, free from hunger and poverty.
Welthungerhilfe's Head Office is in Bonn, Germany whilst the Syria Response is managed from our Country Office in Gaziantep. Welthungerhilfe was established in Turkey in 2013 specifically to help people who are affected by the Syria Crisis. Since then, the organisation has expanded its program scope and scale to make the greatest possible contribution to meeting humanitarian needs in Turkey and North West Syria. Welthungerhilfe has field offices in Azaz and Afrin, as well as Ankara, Istanbul, Hatay and Mardin. The Syria Response program includes food security, WASH services, Shelter and NFI services, protection, early recovery and livelihood.
If you want to become part of this joint mission in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Case Worker in Istanbul:
The position is to be filled by March, 2023, with a contract duration until end of the project. Employment location will be İstanbul, Türkiye. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
- Carry out protection risk analysis, participatory action planning, implementation and follow-ups as part of the traditional 6-step case management program according to WHH’s internal Case Management SOPs, and under the supervision of Case Management Officer for each client.
- Be part of the case management team to connect vulnerable individuals to the appropriate service providers through referrals, in-house PSS and legal support teams, and direct cash assistance for protection outcomes.
- Communicate with service providers to ensure effective and appropriate interventions and follow-up, including accompaniment to service points and other facilitative supports.
- Ensure the proper identification of clients’ needs and they are referred and supported in a timely and appropriate manner, with prioritizing safety, confidentiality and meaningful participation.
- Proactively use and update the integrated service mapping and referral pathways.
- Work closely with other case workers, psychologists, legal counselors and outreach team to ensure additional needs are identified, addressed and followed up holistically and in an integrated manner.
- Collect, keep track of all necessary documentation of the client and keep them in an orderly manner.
- Maintain an accurate and confidential client record and keep track of all necessary figures and data related to case management.
- Provide regular and accurate data for reporting case management activities as required.
- Report on protection gaps and contextual trends proactively for informed programming.
- Respect confidentiality and the rights of the clients..
- In close coordination with outreach workers, being fully informed about community structures and the protection and security situation of the population of concern and develop strong links with a cross-section of members of refugee using an age, gender and diversity approach.
- Through relationships with persons of concern and network of other stakeholders stay abreast of political, social, economic and cultural developments that have an impact on the protection environment.
- Report all incidents in the field to the Case Management Officer promptly.
- Provide social support to affected population including awareness raising/information dissemination on rights, access to services, regulations and other relevant topics.
- Identify age, gender, and disability-sensitive risks, threats, vulnerabilities with regular monitoring of wellbeing and negative coping strategies.
- Undertaking other project tasks as required.
- The CW is expected to support all efforts toward accountability to affected population, specifically to the clients and to Welthungerhilfe’s Policies Code of Conduct, Conflict of Interest, and Provision of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- The CW must ensure all interventions adhere to Welthungerhilfe’s’ Gender Policy, Do No Harm principles, and AAP standards.
- Behaving in mutual respect to other team members as part of work friendly environment.
In addition to the above, the Case Worker might be asked to carry out other duties requested by supervisor / Line manager.
Education: University degree in Social Work, Psychology, Psychological Counseling and Guidance, Child Development or Sociology.
Work Experience: Minimum three-years professional experience in a similar position, specifically protection, community services, social work, and human rights, preferably in a non-profit organization
Fluency in Turkish and Arabic or Farsi required.
- Experience in conducting protection risk assessments and focus group discussions
- Experience in conducting conflict-sensitive interviews, assessments
- Experience in using mobile data collection tools, and/or other smartphone applications
- Previous experience in Protection activities
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups.
- Ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
Skills/knowledge: Experience in direct delivery of case management activities and IPA/SNF modalities.
Good level of computer literacy.
Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Being able to travel.
Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
Ability to work in a team.
Working knowledge of English is advantageous.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
WHH receives funds from its donors for projects. If necessary funds are secured the duration of the announced post may be extended. If project funding is not secured the activities will stop completely and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 12, 2023. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.