AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin, and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Caseworker who will be positioned in Sanliurfa.
- Assist the team in service mapping, in line with AAR case management Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct field assessment and follow up on extremely vulnerable individuals or households with special needs;
- Communicate with the beneficiaries directly during the case management cycle to provide a timely response,
- Organize and file all relevant documents for all cases per case management SOP;
- Monitor, review and follow up the cases which have been provided assistance,
- Translate the supporting documents and act as an interpreter when required,
- Draft weekly reports on project activities,
- Plan for the weekly case management committee and prepare all the related documents and files
- Conduct other works assigned by the Employer
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience in conducting field activities.
- Fluency in English and Turkish. (speaking, writing, and reading)
- Able to start working as soon as possible.
- Knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish is an advantage.
- Familiarity with social services for both refugees and the host community
- Strong commitment to humanitarian principles
- Strong communication skills with the beneficiaries
- Able to work under pressure
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to the email provided in the apply button indicating the code number which is SU-CW-2019-A in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by the 27th of December 2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.