Cash Delivery Platform Officer
|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
Reporting to the IFRC’s Cash Assistance Delivery Platform (Kizilaykart) Senior Officer in Geneva, the officer will use his/her expertise in Cash programming and data management to support the Senior Officer to develop a cash assistance delivery platform in collaboration with the Turkish Red Crescent Society (Türk Kızılay/TRC). This platform will provide an innovative digital tool for RCRC members and cash-based interventions for global use.
The Cash Delivery Platform Officer will be leading the technical aspects and coordinating closely with the Senior Officer and also carrying on the liaising with TRC. This role will ensure effective coordination between IFRC and TRC teams collecting evidence, ensuring knowledge extraction and documentation. The Officer will assist the Cash Assistance Delivery Platform Senior Officer in the adaption of the platform, guidance, and tools, ensuring they are innovative, user focused, fit for purpose, and can benefit the wider RCRC membership.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Delivery of the global tool and guidelines
- Support the Senior Officer in developing the Cash Delivery Platform, working in close partnership with TRC as co-leads of the project, and with other key stakeholders.
- Deliver project outputs, in close collaboration with relevant project leads and stakeholders, as defined by the Senior Officer.
- In close coordination with the Senior Officer to provide technical and administrative support to the project task force comprising representatives from the IFRC, TRC, and aligned Red Cross Red Crescent (RCRC) National Societies.
- Provide technical and administrative support with a focus on documenting the platform’s technical components and functionality, and the capacity and expertise that has been developed over the lifetime of the platform’s operation to date.
- Support the Senior Officer in planning, coordinating, and delivering the feasibility study which provides comparative analysis of relevant cash delivery platforms/systems alongside the Kızılaykart Platform and outlines options and associated requirements for leveraging cash delivery platform learning from the Turkey context.
- Support leveraging TRC’s cash delivery platform operational capacity and expertise in order to facilitate partnership with, and know-how exchange and support to interested National Societies.
- Support running of pilots to test replicating and/or developing a complementary ‘Red Platform’ cash delivery model in identified relevant cash assistance operations across the RCRC network.
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Senior Officer in exchanging with IFRC’s global cash team; the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement Cash Peer Working Group (CPWG)’s Cash Preparedness, and Data and Information Management (IM) and technical working groups.
- Support the development of guidelines and processes that will enable effective implementation for the digital tools across the movement
- Support the development and delivery of training for users
- Collaborate and work closely with the IFRC’s ESSN Learning, Capacity Support and External Engagement Unit, with counterparts and project co-leads in TRC’s Kızılaykart Cash-Based Assistance Programmes Coordinatorship, and IFRC ESSN programme/operations team and/or workstream leads, in support of project priorities and areas of focus
- In close coordination with the Senior Officer actively support the IFRC’s partnership with TRC as joint custodians and implementers of the ESSN.
- Under the guidance of the Senior Officer, engage as required with external stakeholders and partners in Turkey, and represent the IFRC accordingly.
- Technical qualification(s) and/or equivalent experience in Information Management and IT/Computer Science
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, economics, or a related field
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience contributing to the mainstreaming of cash and voucher assistance programming, capacity, and competencies within an organisation
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in developing tools and guidelines for cash programming
- Experience in designing and delivering cash-based response in emergency, recovery and/or development contexts across the project/programme cycle
- Develop CVA responses keeping high standard qualities, such as inclusivity, gender sensitivity, collective action, and people-centred approach
- A minimum of three years of experience in digital cash delivery mechanisms/payment systems – mapping and analysis of options, and their use for implementation
- Experience in monitoring and learning on large-scale humanitarian cash programming, including running successful CVA projects
- Experience and a successful track record of working with Red Cross Red Crescent National Societies
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of applications of technology solutions to cash-based programming
- Knowledge of and experience working with beneficiary information and programme management platforms/systems, applications, and tools
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative manner with team members, and with multiple stakeholders at various levels within complex environments
- Proven analytical skills, ability to think creatively and to work effectively while under pressure
- Highly organised with ability to manage multiple tasks in a result-focused manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven skills in using relevant tools like - emergency needs assessment, practical cash in emergencies, market assessments and analysis
- Experience in supporting or implementing multi-sectoral CVA and market based interventions within relief and recovery contexts
- Understanding of International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Fluently spoken and written English and Turkish
- Good command in spoken and written Arabic