|Name and position:||Position: Center Officer|
|Country/City of Assignment:||Turkey/Mersin/Hatay|
|Reporting Lines||a) Reports to: Project Manager, Head of Program, ED b) Supervises: Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Protection Assistants (Outreach Staffs), Case Assistants, Psychosocial Staff and Volunteers,|
|Date of Issue|
ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aidorganisation which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carriedout at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analysethe conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports;directs the attention of relevant organisations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination,transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick responseto the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
2. Job Summary
The job holder will operate field office of the ASRA projects in two locations in Turkey-Mersin/Hatay. He/shewill carry out activities that ensure that the general public, beneficiaries,local and national authorities as well as regional organisations are informedof the nature and extent of the humanitarian operations.
The candidate will have excellent Turkish and English written and spoken skills; good interpersonal skills;possess a maturity to advise and work with implementing partners and operational colleagues in the region; strong organisational skills and be a self-starter,capable of setting their own priorities and working without close supervision. They must be willing totravel in the region covered by the ASRA if required.
3. Responsibilities & Tasks:
Within delegated authority, Center Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Support in the start-up of new activity sites through conducting stakeholder mappings and building relationships, supporting in assessments and the translation of assessments andassisting in the identification and recruitment of new staff members and operating field office.
· Support the Project Manager,Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Protection Assistants (Outreach Staffs), Case Assistants, Psychosocial Staff and Volunteers in programme reporting,management of donor files and monitoring of activities.
· Oversight and support the proper running of the center
· Support the implementation of the measurement tools in the field for collection of data alongside the M&E Officer
· Manage emails and reply to inquiries in a timely manner
· Performvarious administrative tasks
· Conduct FGDs and fill out questionnaires with beneficiariesto assess POC’s needs and interests
· Develop, plan and organize courses and activities responding to the beneficiaries’ needs
· Supervise and monitor all the center activities,
· Attend the activities, trainings and courses to evaluate the performance of the trainers and the satisfaction of the beneficiaries;
· Provide constant feedback to his/her supervisor on progress,lessons learnt, achievements, gaps, issues and problems;
Responsible ofdeveloping and filing all documents related to the center, partner and beneficiaries’ · (ex: TOR, MOU, attendance sheets, minutes of meetings,evaluations, beneficiaries’ files, reports,pictures etc.);
· Participate in the center management meetings on monthly basis;
· Evaluate constantly the quality of the services provided in the center by conducting evaluation exercises with beneficiaries, trainers, center staff and establish a proper complaints mechanism;
· Train the human resources and ensure their application of the Code of Conduct and center guidelines,or any other guidelines developed by MSYD
· Identify, select, recruit and evaluate the human resources (center officer staff and volunteers) in collaboration with the community development coordinator;
· Organize administrative/financial/logistics matters related to the center activity
· Provide a weekly/monthly report of number of cases seen and diagnosis by age and gender as well as a source ofreferral using spread sheets and collection tools provided (mental healthclients).
· Provide administrative support to ensure that the programme operations are maintained in an effective, up to dateand accurate manner and communicate this accordingly e.g., activity calendar,training calendar and personnel files.
· Provide direct response to the psychosocial need s identified through family or group interventions.
· Provide indirect response throughreferrals to stakeholders working in psychosocial and mental health sector(including close follow-up on the process and response)
· Keep a record of attendance andpre-post-test of any trainings provided in the programme files.
· Assist Individually (“one-on-one”)counsel and group counselling sessions schedules and upon undertaken relevantneeds assessment, within the field office and/or home visits when it isnecessary and appropriate
· Maintain complete individual filesfor each person visited, including detailed descriptions of services provided.
· Write case studies on beneficiaries and activities of the Project
· Guide the design and support facilitatİon of collective psycho-social activities for beneficiaries in the fieldoffice;
· Participate in programme meetingsfor strategic planning and evaluation.
· Report directly on all tasks and responsibilities to Project Manager.
· Join or initiate interagency coordination mechanisms for the provision of mental health;
· Data entry and assistance information from the MHPSS consultation spaces to enter into the weekly report, monthly reports and donor reports.
· Share field relevant information to Project Manager and other Supervisors
· Help with developing psychological awareness materials and training material.
· Work collaboratively with otheragencies, local and international and with relevant government bodies, ifneeded.
· Develop the strategy andmechanisms to integrate a MH/psychosocial component into MSYD programmes inkeeping with relevant guidelines of mental health and psychosocial support inemergencies
· Assist with the development ofproposals
· Ensure that all the information and data on the cases registered are kept in safe and confidential environment
· Build capacity of staff toimplement the relevant programme.
· Provide the general plan andschedule for office order.
· University degree from International Relations, Sociology, Social Services, Psychology and relevant Social Science programs is a must.
· Background in psychology,psychosocial support, or sociology preferable.
· Experience or training in psychosocial support or protection services including MHPSS.
· Experience working with NGOs orinternational organizations at least 3 years.
· Fluency in written and spoken Turkish and English.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word,Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work as a team &independently.
5. Additional responsibilities:
Inrelation to their level of skills and experience the post holder may berequired to carry out additional duties from time to time that are reasonable.
Duration:1 year project-based contract
Location:Mersin / Hatay
MSYD uluslararası insani yardım gizlilik standartları çerçevesinde ayrım gözetmeme, şeffaflık, tarafsızlık ve hesap verilebilirlik ilkeleri ile çalışmalarını ulusal ve uluslararası alanda sürdürmektedir. MSYD ulusal ve uluslararası düzeyde yaptığı aktiviteler ve acil destek çalışmalarıyla krizden etkilenen birey ve toplulukların yaşam koşullarının iyileştirilmesinde rol oynamaktadır.
MSYD düzenli olarak krizden etkilenmiş kesimlerin durumlarını analiz eden saha çalışmaları ve raporlar yayınlayarak ilgili kuruşların dikkatini krize bölgelerine yöneltmektedir.
MSYD krizden etkilenmiş birey ve kesimlere ayrım gözetmeksizin, şeffaflık ve tarafsızlık prensipleri çerçevesinde doğrudan ve hızlı bir şekilde yardım etmeyi temel ilke olarak benimsemiştir.
- Project Manager
- Physical Rehabilitation Technical Supervisor
- Rehabilitation Support Officer
- Mental Health Psycho-social Support Manager
- Bilgi İşlem ve Veri Tabanı Sorumlusu
- Acil Tıp Teknisyeni
- Kayıt Görevlisi
- Psikososyal Çalışan
- Rehab Program Officer
- Vaka Çalışanı