Child Protection and MHPSS Project Manager
HQ - Gaziantep
Shafak was officially established on 10-10-2013 (registration no. 27-016-129). It was founded during the early months of the Syrian Crisis in 2011. At its core, Shafak is a grassroots NGO that was formed by Syrians for Syrians, with the intent of addressing the needs of their life with dignity, equality, and humanity with a focus on sustainability and autonomy.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and in the long run to contribute to recovery and rebuilding the society on a freedom, justice, and equality basis.
The Child Protection and MHPSS Project Manager with the other Project Managers will report to and assist the Protection Program Manager in setting up new or strengthening existing Child Protection and MHPSS programs for the most affected people. The Child Protection and MHPSS Project Manager will lead on the effective and timely delivery of Shafak child protection and MHPSS activities delivered with in NWS. Moreover, the Child Protection and MHPSS Project Manager will also support the Protection Program Manager in strategic decisions for protection programs. Finally, the Child Project and MHPSS Manager will provide capacity building and technical support for the field teams in the field of Child Protection and MHPSS.
Reports to; Protection Program Manager
Supervision Responsibilities: Filed project coordinator and team leaders
- Supervise and guide on a daily basis the Field Child Protection and MHPSS teams in charge of the child protection and MHPSS activities within the project locations, including: setting up clear objectives for them, training them on new Shafak’ methodologies and ensuring they report their daily tasks;
- Support the team Technically in MHPSS, and case management.
- Creation of the project management plan to meet the need of the project and the organizational process and procedures.
- Participate in oversee authorization and performance of activities to produce the project deliverables.
- Measure and monitor the project’s progress and appropriate actions to meet the project objectives.
- Follow-up funds received for the project in terms of receiving and dispensing and documentation of all funds received legal bills, to maintain financial transparency constantly.
- Analysis and understanding of the projects scope (requirements, assumptions, constraints, risks, and other influences).
- Ensure case management steps, case management meetings, referrals and documentation are happening in timely and quality manner, by conducting case conferences with the different teams on a regular basis;
- Maintain the principles of humanitarian work and community based approached during the implementation of the project.
- Work together with the MEAL officer in order to compile qualitative and quantitative data for donors’ reports and for program quality documentation;
- Looking for opportunities to creatively meet the needs of vulnerable populations while ensuring the project remains in line with the declared policy and demonstrated sensitivity of local authorities toward beneficiaries and in line with best practice and international standards.
- Conduct field visits to enhance and/or monitor the project.
- Submit monthly financial and narrative report of project to the program manager.
- Have a good change control process.
- Attending child protection cluster and MHPSS meetings and related working groups.
Child Safeguarding Policy: Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to Shafak, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. Shafak is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy, Shafak expressly prohibit and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. Shafak employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside Shafak.
Notice: We will discuss these policies during the interview, so if you are asked to interview please download and read them beforehand:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- University degree (Psychology, mental health, child development) or has relevant experiences.
- Good knowledge of English (writing and speaking). Arabic is essential
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience in child protection and/or MHPSS in NWS.
- High communication skills.
- Proven competence delivering remote and face-to-face capacity building in the field of child protection and MHPSS.
- Experience in the provision of technical supervision and coaching, with particular focus on MHPSS.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating child protection and MHPSS interventions.
- Good understanding of child protection in emergencies;
- Good knowledge of and daily follow-up with the situation in Syria
- Self-motivation, initiative with a high level of energy;
- Commitment to the aims, principles and values of SHAFAK
- Ability to work well in a team and under pressure and in response to changing needs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Training (Online/ physical):
The Program coordinator should have received the following training:
- Child Protection in Emergencies
- Child Safeguarding policy
- Psychosocial First Aid
- Introduction to Psychosocial Support
- Project management in development sector (PMD pro 1)
- Case Management.
The training available in DisasterReady.org website as online training
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
You can apply through the link:
Closing Date: 26.09.2021
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
Shafak is an impartial, independent, non-profit NGO that exists for the express purpose of providing humanitarian services to vulnerable people regardless of political or religious affiliations and on the long run to contribute to recover and rebuilding the society on freedom, justice and equality basis.