- Organizational Background
ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organization which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyses the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organizations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
2 Job Summary
He/she will be responsible for ensuring the smooth implementation of child protection activities in the community centers based in Ankara. He/she will help clients/beneficiaries by assessing their situation; setting goals; obtaining required services. He/she will be working as a team member of the Protection and Case Management Team. The job holder will assist the Protection and Case Management Officer on the child protection activities.
3. Responsibilities & Tasks:
Within delegated authority, Child Protection Assistant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Ensure timely and technically valid implementation of all Child Protection Activities.
- In coordination with the Community Center Officer and the Protection and Case Management Officer, develop child protection activities appropriate for the beneficiaries at the centers.
- Provide case management services for all child protection activities; ensure all tracking forms, case files, and databases adhere to confidentiality and protection standards, as well as, relevant MSYD-ASRA SoPs and Guidelines.
- Provide age-appropriate activities, including PSS and educational activities.
- Provide case management for particularly vulnerable children, ensuring they are referred to necessary services both in and outside of the center.
- Follow proper case management, tracking, and filing systems in line with MSYD-ASRA’s relevant SoPs and Guidelines.
- Develop and implement recreational activities for children and youth at the centers.
- Ensure that project activities develop and are implemented in line with MSYD-ASRA’s mandate, policies, and procedures including donors’ requirements, national and international rules and guidelines.
- Prepare regular and timely updates and reports as requested.
- Participate in trainings, supervision and team meetings.
- Accompany children and families to external agencies to facilitate access to service provisions.
- Maintain contact with families and work and -disseminate information, materials and NFI’s as and when required;
- Build and maintain effective relationships, with the team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Ensure Child Safeguarding standards are understood and met by Field staff and partners, in collaboration with the Focal Point, and program teams.
- Ensure data entry of all the activities conducted and supervised by Child Protection
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop MSYD-ASRA programs;
3 Required Skills/Qualifications:
- Relevant University Degree from the Faculty of Economics and Administrative in the relevant departments of Sociology, Law, International Relation, Psychology.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of social theories and practices
- Social perceptiveness and empathy
- Ability to build and maintain professional helping relationships
- Ability to relate and communicate with diverse population and groups
- Resilience along with ability to assess situations
- Ability to work within a team structure or in isolation, flexible, and can cope with stressful workload and working with limited resources
- Strong communication skills
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Flexible and responsive
- Fluent in written & spoken Arabic; able to communicate and write in English preferably.
4 Additional responsibilities:
In relation to their level of skills and experience the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties from time to time that are reasonable.