Support to Life (STL) is an independent humanitarian agency working in the field ofdisaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, and emergency response inTurkey and the surrounding region. Withan emphasis on community participation, STL works at a grassroots level tobuild local capacity, mitigate the risks and impact of disasters, and supportthose in need in meeting their basic needs and rights.
In line with itsmandate STL currently has the following main activities:
·Refugee Support: The goal of STL’s work in the area of refugee supportis to help Syrian refugees in the region who are either unable or unwilling tosettle in refugee camps meet their basic needs and rights. STL is providingdirect support through psychosocial services in its Community Centres, and enablesaccess to services with its Case Management teams.
·Child Protection: STL has been working with at-risk children,sensitizing farmers and raising awareness among the public in an effort to contribute to eliminating child labour in Turkey, especially in the context ofseasonal migratory agricultural work. As the inflow of Syrian refugees aggravated child labour in Turkey and child work became a prevalent negative coping strategy, STL extended its child protection activities to include refugee families.
·Emergency Response: In disaster situations, STL provides relief aid to disaster-struck communities through in-kind and cash-based support for food and non-food items,winterisation aid, as well as improving the conditions of shelter and addressing water, sanitation and hygiene needs.
·Strengthening Civil Society and Networking: STLbrings together key civil society actors with the aim of creating the localcapacity needed for effective disaster management in Turkey. In order to createpositive change, STL publishes and disseminates reports, engages in capacitybuilding activities through trainings, working group meetings and exposurevisits. STL also pursues active coordination and advocacy campaigns with governmentand civil society actors.
Hayata Destek is looking for Child Protection Expert to work in Kadıköy HQ Office.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical expertise on the design and quality implementation of STL’s Child Protection Program and Strategy development on child protection related issues,
- Conducting desk research of national and international frameworks on Child Protection, and already conducted research on refugees and child labour,
- Developing guidelines, policies and tools related toChild Protection services and activities, in accordance with internationalstandards and national legal frameworks,
- Providing content support for developing STL’s Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure setting up of the internal Child Safeguarding mechanism in STL’s fields,
- Conducting and facilitating trainings for the external Child Safeguarding Trainers Pool established by STL,
- Representing STL externally in Child protection related meetings and coordination events,
- University degree from a relevant field,
- Minimum 5 years successful experience with field work in the field of child protection,
- Previous experience in developing training tools,delivering trainings, coaching and mentoring,
- Ability to perform tasksin sensitivity to the local culture,
- Fluency in English and Turkish (excellent written and spoken),
- Proficiency in common IThardware/software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access),
- Excellent analytical,reporting/communication/note taking and interpersonal skills,
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation,
- Intercultural understanding, sensitivity and adaptability,
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally,
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and representation skills
STL is an equal opportunities employer. STL is committed to provide and maintain a comprehensive child protection perspective in all its operational and administrative processes.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
“Under the Security of Personel Information Law that is published on The Official Gazette of Republic of Turkey on 07.04.2016, no 29677;
By applying for this advertisement, you agree that your resume and any personal information in it may be shared with Hayata Destek Derneği”
HAYATA DESTEK DERNEĞİ
kapasiteyi geliştirmek, afet risk ve etkilerini aza indirgemek, toplulukların temel ihtiyaç ve haklarının karşılanmasına destek vermek için toplum-temelli çalışmalar yürütmektedir.
Hayata Destek hedefleri doğrultusunda sürmekte olan stratejik çalışma alanları aşağıdaki gibidir;
Mülteci Destek Programı: Türkiye’deki mültecilerin sayısı ve zarar görebilirliği arttığı sürece, Hayata Destek, kamplar dışında hayatını sürdüren mültecilere insani yardım ve koruma sağlamaya devam edecektir.
Çocuk Koruma Programı: Hayata Destek, Suriyeli çocuklar ile mevsimlik gezici tarım göçünden etkilenen çocuklara yönelik koruma hizmetleri ve psikososyal destek çalışmaları yürütmektedir. Çalışan çocuklar ile risk altındaki çocukların eğitime devamlılıklarına katkı sağlayan Hayata Destek, yaşam becerilerinin geliştirilmesine yönelik aktivitelerin yanı sıra farkındalık arttırma çalışmaları ve atölyeler düzenlemektedir.
Sivil Toplum Afet Platformu: Hayata Destek paydaş kurumlarla birlikte, sivil toplum aktörlerini doğal
ve çatışma kaynaklı afetlere ilişkin konularda bilgi paylaşımı, kapasite geliştirme ve savunuculuk için bir araya getirecek bir platform oluşturmuştur.
Support to Life (STL) is an independent humanitarian agency working in the field of disaster risk reduction, disaster preparedness, and emergency response in Turkey and the surrounding region. With an emphasis on community participation, STL works at a grassroots level to build local capacity, mitigate the risks and impact of disasters, and support those in need in meeting their basic needs and rights.
In line with its mandate STL currently has the following main activities:
Refugee Support Program: in response to the increasing number of refugees in Turkey, STL is supporting refugees living outside camps through a cash based intervention and psychosocial services in Community Centres;
Child Protection Program: STL has been providing protection services and psychosocial care for children affected by seasonal agricultural migration. Targeting both at-risk and working children among the refugees as well as the host community, STL has been supporting children’s education through life skills activities, awareness raising sessions and workshops.
Civil Society Disaster Platform: In collaboration with partners, STL leads a platform that brings together civil society actors in sharing information and coordinating actions related to disaster management and humanitarian aid in Turkey.