SCI employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Level 2 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have some contact with or access to children or young people
The Child Protection (CP) MEAL Officer is responsible for implementing and strengthening of the MEAL systems for the CP program in NWS. S/he is responsible for providing support in: the development and execution of CP MEAL plans; development and/or adaption of CP MEAL tools; documentation and dissemination of key learnings from MEAL and research results in support of the project objectives and outcomes; and ensuring that the CP project is accountable to beneficiaries and other stakeholders in line with Save the Children and donor policies and practices. The MEAL Officer undertakes this role in close collaboration with CP program staff and partners. S/he will be responsible To create and update the information management needed databases CP portfolio, in addition to data cleaning and analysis to feed the reporting requirements and to participate the best quality of programming.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
Budget responsibility: None
Location: Antakya/ frequently travelling to Gaziantep
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
The MEAL Officer will be responsible for the following:
Data Collection Capacity:
- Proactively engage with the partners to compile information on their activities, updating the related database
- Review incoming data for completeness and consistency and advise the program team on the tools for improving data logging, entry and processing.
- Manage the program curated database (monitor quality of information to be shared according to the information sharing protocol)
- Implement NWS MEAL Framework
- Work with the MEAL team to implement digital data systems that can capture data electronically as close to the source as possible.
- Help the program team and partners to build their capacity in efficient data collection and management processes, including support with software applications.
- Provide the sector partners with the updated IPTTs / MEAL Plan and receive monthly reports against them.
- Support and ensure that each of the projects within child protection thematic area is covered by a quality MEAL plan.
- Support in developing and amending the needed tools for MEAL (Observations, PDMs, Baseline/Endline Studies…etc.)
- Support partners to effectively complete tool for measuring quality benchmarks.
- Support consistent and systematic integration of MEAL issues into the CP program (identification of gaps in the implementation and facilitating identification of solutions to enhance quality implementation
- Support CP Manager, CP Coordinator and MEAL coordinator on partners’ training on remote monitoring tools and quality benchmarks.
Information Management Systems:
- Update and maintain the program database
- Compilation of relevant reports, plans and information/data documents and sharing with the livelihoods team needed.
- Work with the MEAL regional unit and project teams to utilise the platform for the RIMS regional information management system.
- Feedback on the conduction of RIMS to the concerned parties (Regional IT Unit, Regional MEAL Unit) to review the technical issues accordingly.
- Work with the MEAL unit and sector teams to ensure that RIMS is functioning well.
- Play a key role in supporting training and roll out of RIMs.
Data analysis & use:
- Be the primary focal point with partners for data management, developing and maintaining information databases, in addition to the conducted Monitoring and Evaluation tools.
- Become the primary analyst for weekly data, monitoring trends and highlighting concerns.
- Support coordination, analysis and draft findings for the program technical surveys as well as multi sector assessments, generic surveys and evaluations as needed.
- Coordinate with PM and MEAL CO to review weekly/monthly data submissions from each partner team, including MEAL plans per partner as well as project achievement tools.
- In collaboration with MEAL Coordinator, Provide monthly analysis and reporting against the needed regular requirements with appropriate set of recommendations to the program management as a part of the Learning process.
- Develop analysis and top line reports for FSL and Cash to be communicated with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the sector team(s) in donor reporting with accurate figures.
Evaluation and Assessment:
- Support partners in conducting baselines and end-lines surveys for all the child protection projects.
- In coordination with MEAL unit support partners in situation analysis (study methodology, tools and approaches) and need assessment for the new project/program development in child protection sector.
- In coordination with MEAL unit support for conducting mid-term as well as final project evaluations as per the requirement.
Contribute to Implementation of Partnership Strategy/Modality
- Deployment at the partner organizations to support their operations and implementation of the grant
- Support partnership modality by ensuring partner organizations are active members/participants in all operations cycle
- Work jointly on Action Plans that would lead to improvement of the grants implementation
- Ensure Implementation Team or the role is adapted to the partnership modality and their service to the modality is done so, it strengthens the model further
- Offer sufficient support to the partner organizations in respective access points
- Support partners in developing coherent DIPs, have meaningful participation in Joint Awards Review Meetings, etc.
- Conduct periodic review of annual plans to identify bottlenecks and the ways those bottlenecks could be addressed
- Adopt a customer service approach towards partner capacity strengthening
- Contribute to the improvement of effective system for complaints handling and response mechanisms at the projects level for CP partners.
- Support partner in maintaining effective information sharing mechanisms as per information sharing protocol
- Support training on beneficiary accountability
- Contribute to improvements in partner’s accountability system and procedures.
- Assist ongoing learning activities e.g. After Action Review workshops, prepare lessons learnt reports
- Support generating quality learning through evaluations reports, monitoring report, researches, partner’s visits, accountability system and document
- Promote learning culture throughout sharing and utilization of learning in education and child protection program sector.
- Collect relevant data, information documents (reports, project plans and proposals, M&E plans, data and information) information and ensure proper and systematic storage and filing.
- Maintain the confidentially of the documents/system and their contents
- Maintain filing system for the program data in soft and hard copies.
- Provide support and follow up on accountability with the related PM and partner
- Provide support and follow up on learning events and record the lessons learned during the life-time of the project
- Perform other duties and act for the relevant manager as required.
- Ensure integration of CSG into out monitoring mechanism of the CP project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES