Balat Children Center / Child Protection Officer
MAYA VAKFI is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Child Protection Officer at our Balat Children Center.
(Balat Children Center is open 7 days a week. The team is working in shift for 5 days which also covers either Saturday or Sunday)
About Maya Vakfı
Maya Vakfı is a non-profit organization that offers mental health and psycho-social support (MHPSS) to refugee and host community children who have experienced traumatic life events, including challenging socio-economic conditions, domestic abuse, immigration due to war, and/or losing loved ones to violence. Maya Vakfı provides trauma rehabilitation activities for children in the Balat Children Center through creative workshops which give opportunities for these children to express themselves through art, music, dance and movement activities to help them cope with their trauma and aid with their recovery. In addition, Maya also places great importance on integrating Psychosocial Support techniques into the education system through its Trauma Informed Schools Program. Strengthening the knowledge and know-how of civil servants and the civil society sector is enhanced through Capacity Building Initiatives and finally, through its Volunteer Program Maya provides training, support and mentoring to volunteers on Psychosocial Support, trauma rehabilitation and child protection.
- Assessing vulnerabilities and defining cases about child in accordance with the basic child protection principles
- Maintaining case-manegament with respect to client’s consent, confidentiality and other related protocols
- Regularly saving and protecting the necessary information and documents for database entry
- Developing content for child protection related sessions conducted with children and caregivers.
- Organizing and reporting informative session for children and caregivers.
- Timely reporting to project ccordinator.
- Undergraduate degree in sociology, social work, psychology, child development or pedagogy.
- Experience working with I/NGOs in Turkey and working with refugee communities
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Fluent in English and Turkish.
- Ability to be flexible, work in a fluid context and adaptation for unexpected situations.
- Flexibility of working of out of office hours.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and flexibility to work with two projects and with different stakeholders.
- Ability to be an analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs.
How to apply
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter to provided in the apply/başvur button referring to the position they are applying for by July 12.