Post Title: Child Protection Officer
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: İstanbul, Turkey
Duration: 6 Months with the possibility of extension (2 months’ probation)
Starting: As soon as possible
Benefits: Competitive package
Application closing Date: 28.07.2019
The Child Protection Officer is responsible to guide and oversee WHH’s case management
team and the project partners in child protection related matters. This includes day to day
challenges follow up and decision making for child protection related cases, and close liaison with other
NGO’s, and local authorities with child protection mandates.
The Child Protection Officer will represent WHH vis a vis other NGOs, local authorities
and other stakeholders, for child protection coordination.
Technical advice and guidance
- Managing WHH’s child protection cases in close coordination with case management team
- Providing technical expertise and trainings to case management teams in Istanbul both for WHH and its partners
- Producing Child Protection SOPs for the project and mainstreaming it among WHH partners
- Coordinating with WHH’s partners on guiding PSS interventions for child protection cases
- Stay abreast of child protection related developments and guidelines, and ensure relevant standards and methods are followed by all relevant staff
- Providing technical advice/guidance to other case management teams and offices as needed
Reporting and Communications
- Weekly and/or monthly-based reporting to Head of Project on relevant trends, activities, and challenges
- Consulting with project partners on child protection related developments and concerns
- Supporting Head of Project on child protection related matters in advocacy plan
- Attend relevant working group meetings and other coordination events in Istanbul on behalf of WHH
- Maintain good working relations with all relevant stakeholders on the field, including local authorities
- Conduct advocacy meetings with local authorities in coordination with partners when necessary
- Respect confidentiality of work contents and rights of the beneficiaries at all times
- Maintain professional boundaries at all times
- Education: BA in social sciences, preferably from the departments of Social Work, Psychology, Child Development or Counseling Psychology (PDR). Graduate degree in a relevant field is an asset
- Work Experience: At least 2 years of experience in protection-related positions, including experience in Case management, social work, child protection, or other related fields
- Previous working experience in NGOs and/or international organizations a strong asset
- Experience in overseeing and guiding staff a strong asset
- Knowledge of the Turkey refugee context (Syrian and non-Syrian) essential
- Familiar with child protection related guidelines, SOP’s, etc.
- Experience in providing capacity building trainings
- Skills/knowledge: Attention to details, Good computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook at a minimum),
- Personality requirements: Being able to work in a multi-cultural and dynamic environment, being self-motivated and able to work proactively
- Language Skills: Excellent command of Turkish (written and spoken). Proficiency of Arabic and/or English is a strong asset
The Child Protection Officer will be obliged to maintain confidentiality regarding all information obtained in the course of his/her work during the employment at Welthungerhilfe and thereafter.
Child Protection and Child Safeguarding
Welthungerhilfe is committed to its Child Protection and Child Safeguarding policy, therefore background and reference checks will be conducted. Welthungerhilfe has zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is conflicting with abovementioned policies.
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com until 28.07.2019, at the latest. CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references.
A cover letter must include salary expectations.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.