CP sub-cluster support officer to work with co-leads on the different initiative of the sub-cluster and in particular in liaising with partners and in supporting basic data management and coordination meetings, ensuring MoM agenda and other key documents are presented in both languages and are relevant and cultural appropriation. In time the officer could also be built up to take on some aspects of capacity building to ensure continuity of some of the processes currently under the capacity building initiative. The position has two lines of reporting one to the organization and the other technical line to the CP SC lead and co-lead in UNICEF and WV. He-She might be asked to support sub-cluster consultants. This is a position dedicated 100 per cent to sub-cluster coordination with no program responsibilities.
CP SC Support Officer will continue to support the CP sub-cluster in 2020 by:
- Hosting support position into work with CP sub-cluster coordinators on the different initiative of the sub-cluster and in particular in liaising with partners and in supporting basic data management and coordination meetings, ensuring MoM agenda and other key documents are presented in both languages and are relevant and culturally appropriate, in time the officer will take responsibility of build the capacity to the partners in coordination with sub-cluster coordinators and the indicator for this activity will be 12 learning session and training conducted to CP sub-cluster actors.
- CP SC Support Officer will take responsibility of translate guidance, notes and presentation shared by the cluster and produce media products including the design and printing also will work with the cluster to produce one e-learning product and for this activity will produce 10 products of the topics mentioned above.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
CP SC Secretariat
- Establish strong working relationships with all cluster members in order to facilitate effective collaboration and communication.
- Provide a translation for sub-clusters documents and events including capacity building initiative
- Minute sub-cluster meetings and support in facilitation as needed
- Attend other cluster and coordination meetings and interpectoral initiatives on behalf of subcluster
- As requested by coordinators participate in Protection Cluster initiatives
- Ensure that the meetings and other events calendar of the CP sub Cluster is updated on regular bases.
- Work with partners to identify best practices, collect information on them and plan learning sessions
- Follow up with partners on membership requests and information on programming, including mentoring
- Assist in delivering training activities for CP Cluster members, other local partners, and relevant authorities.
- Act as a focal point for CP PSS community of practitioners
- Ensure that the logistical requirements of the capacity development initiatives are in place in terms of organizing venues, developing the lists of participants and that the other relevant logistical and administrative requirements are met.
- Provide mentorship and support to partners through the Humanitarian Program Cycle as requested
- Support conducting CP SC Cluster coordinated needs assessments, including participatory assessments and regular gap analysis.
- Act as the focal point to ensure that the dropbox is uploaded with all relevant documents and updates.
- Regularly liaise with partners to ensure timely and correct submission of 4Ws, in close collaboration with coordinators and IMs
- Follow up with sub-cluster partners on service mapping and timely revision of information for building referral pathways
- Support the establishment and maintenance of effective coordination mechanisms and data collection tools, including for the purpose of CP IMS;
- Working with information management officers and colleagues from Whole of Syria to provide regular dashboard and information management products
- Contribute to draft the bi-weekly reports on sub-cluster activities
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Between 2-5 years’ work experience in gender, CP or protection programming.
- Good knowledge of humanitarian architecture and protection principles and standards, as well as organizational policies including Code of Conduct and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
- Highly adaptable and able to cope with the pressure
- Shows leadership
- Able to facilitate a collaborative environment to promote effective coordination
- Good negotiation and advocacy skills
- Syrian national with a valid residency permit.
- Integrity, transparency, and strong work ethics.
- Computer literacy skills.
- Fluent in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
How to apply
IhsanRD shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in it’s principal and subsidiary organs.
Interested applicants should submit their applications before the application closing by the end of 13 October 2020, and must include the following:
- A curriculum vitae.
- The contact details for two references (one of them should be a current employer.)
You can submit your CV as the link below:
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications will neither be acknowledged nor returned. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Ihsan Relief and Development
Its mission is to provide Syrians with critical services to alleviate suffering, foster economic and social development, support a vibrant civil society, and build the capacity of local administrative councils.
Its vision is to become the most efﬁcient, transparent, and responsive Syrian humanitarian organization, improving the lives of Syrians through relief, recovery, and development.