General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities. GOAL is working in Idlib Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
General Description of the Role
The Cleaner will be responsible for cleaning the properties (offices/premises), dust on regular basis in Şanlıurfa. This is a manual job to have the physical stability and skills to do the job. Should keep clean, fresh and tidy the area and removing dust, spills and garbage unwanted particles.
Premises & Offices
- Wipe and polish of the furniture’s and desks.
- Dust all lamp shades and bulbs.
- Dust and polish all chairs, sofas, tables and all shelves.
- Clean all rooms, bathroom and toilet wet- wipe floors.
- Clean all internal items, kitchen materials, dishes, oven and clean the fridge regularly.
- Using Wash machine wash casual attire, clothes, furnishing and ironing daily.
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping floors
- Clean windows and wet-wipe windows ledges.
- Keep a check on cleaning materials kitchen needs and order to related person.
- Remove the rubbish and take away to rubbish bin in the street.
- Notify SPLA of any repairs required
- During the day refresh cleanliness in all offices, desks, kitchens, bathrooms and toilets.
- Keep a check on cleaning materials kitchen needs and refresh them.
- Keep hot water in the kitchen, serve to staff and visitors with drinks.
- Complete other specific cleaning tasks and structured by the manager.
- Always adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Any other duties as advised by line Manager.
- Turkish Citizenship
- Proven working experience as a cleaner.
- Ability to handle heavy equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Secondary school degree.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 16 May 2019.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.