Common Services Assistant
Gross salary of 93 382 TRY per annum
This position is a LES (Locally Engaged Staff) position, subject to the Terms and Conditions of Employment for LES in Turkey.
Closing date for applications:
28-06-2019 At midnight UTC+1 / GMT+1
Summary of position:
A program assistant provides daily administrative support and service; provides and creates information and/or documentation; responds to service requests from clientele and performs other duties as requested by the supervisor and/or other manager.
The program assistant supports regional focus of program by supporting administrative interactions and proactively cooperating with regional offices and/or headquarters.
Work is performed under general supervision of an officer. Problem resolution is through reference to readily available guidance. Comprehensive knowledge of office routines, procedures and functions of program is required, as is: prioritizing of multiple projects & tasks; providing services to internal & external clients; researching & compiling data and maintaining databases; managing events & logistics. This position’s actions impact on program operations and the image of office.
Candidates will initially be screened based on the essential qualifications in relation to education, experience and languages. They must demonstrate clearly in their cover letter and CV how they meet each of these essential qualifications. Only those candidates who meet all the Essential Requirements will proceed to the next stage of the process.
• Technical Diploma or university degree from a recognized institution.
• Fluency in English (both written and oral)
• Fluency in Turkish (both written and oral)
You must provide evidence of your English language ability as follows:
• A recent* language test score from IELTS showing each score at 6 or above, or
• Proof of graduation from an English language medium high school, or
• Proof of graduation from an English language medium university, or
*IELTS examination date must be within the past three years.
• 12 months of recent** experience working in an office environment in an administrative support or program assistant capacity. (Twelve months can be consecutive or non-consecutive)
• 6 months of recent** experience working with clients (internal or external).
**Recent experience is defined as within the last three years.
Candidates must also meet the Rated Requirements shown below, which will be assessed through any of the following:
written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment. Unless indicated, rated requirements apply to all positions.
• Knowledge of administrative of general administrative principles, including but not limited to filling, office organizational procedures, generally accepted meeting, email and phone etiquette, etc.
• Knowledge of Canada
Abilities and Competencies:
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Excel
• Attention to detail
• Organization skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
• Critical thinking and judgment
• Values and ethics - Serving through integrity and respect
• Thinking things through - Innovating through Analysis and Ideas
• Engagement - Working effectively with people, organizations, partners
• Excellence through results - Delivering through own work, relationships and responsibilities
Candidates may also be screened against the Asset Qualifications. Preference may be given to candidates who meet these asset qualifications. Where applicable, candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet any asset qualifications in their cover letter and/ or CV.
• 6 months of recent** experience as personal assistant or providing administrative support in an Embassy, Consulate or International Organization.
• 6 months of recent** experience in human resources
• 6 months of recent** experience in finances
• 6 months of recent** experience in procurement
**Recent experience is defined as within the last three years.
-Organizational Needs French
• Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days a week
• Ability to work overtime, including on weekends (compensated)
• Annual leave dates may be restricted due to operational needs
• Willingness and ability to undergo training
• Adhere to Canada's Code on Values & Ethics
Condition(s) of Employment:
• Candidates must have a valid work authorization covering the entire employment period. If the employment is indeterminate, the work authorization should be permanent or itself lead to a permanent work authorization.
• Any job offer is subject to receipt of satisfactory employment and character references and the ability to obtain and maintain an Enhanced Reliability security screening including:
o a criminal record check
o National ID, professional and educational certificates
o Credit history check
o Reference check
• Please note that Reliability Status must be maintained throughout your employment at the Embassy, as failure to do so may result in dismissal.
• Copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
Area of selection:
This position is open to individuals who are legally authorized to work in Turkey, and to employees occupying an indeterminate or term position at the Embassy of Canada to Turkey in Ankara and the Consulate General of Canada in Istanbul, who meet all of the essential qualifications and whose applications are received on or by the closing date. Please note that the Embassy of Canada to Turkey does not sponsor work authorizations directly or indirectly. The Government of Canada is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from diverse sections of the community. Candidates will be considered on merit regardless of ethnic origin, religious belief, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other irrelevant factor.
• Candidates are required to upload a cover letter and CV in English or French. Applications which do not include the requested documents or information in the CV or cover letter will be rejected. Any additional information must be included as part of these two attachments.
• Candidates who are unable to submit their application due to technical difficulties must report these to: LES-E-Recruitment-LDN@ international.gc.ca prior to the closing date. Failure to so will result in the application being rejected.
• Candidates are entitled to participate in the appointment process in the official language of their choice. They are asked to indicate their preferred official language in their application (English or French).
• Communication for this process will be sent via email. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure accurate contact information is provided and updated as required.
• Candidates who apply to this selection process should include an email address that accepts email from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
• Candidates selected at the screening stage will be invited for further assessment. Methods of assessment may include, but are not limited to, a written examination, an oral interview, role-play, practical tests, presentations and/or psychometric assessment.
• Reference checks will be sought for candidates that reach interview stage and may form part of the selection process.
• Please note that the Embassy of Canada in Turkey does not sponsor work permits directly or indirectly.
• If candidates need any special assistance in terms of attending interviews or participating in the interview process then please let us know whilst making the application.
• Salaries at the Embassy of Canada in Turkey are established and revised based on a mid-local market employer policy.
• Gross salaries are paid to the employees who are in turn responsible to pay their income taxes to the Turkish Government at the end of the fiscal year.
• The Embassy of Canada in Ankara and the Consulate General in Istanbul do not reimburse any travel costs to and from interviews/exams nor does it reimburse any relocation costs.
• The results of this competition may also be used to establish an eligibility list of staff for similar openings at the Embassy of Canada in Ankara which might arise in the 12 months following the completion of this competition.