Position Title: Communication Consultant (with focus on graphic design)
Location: Turkey & International
Duration: 15 days’ worth level of effort
Reports to: DCD
Based: Remote based
Relief International specializes in relief and development programs that benefit people in acute distress. A registered non-profit in the US, UK, France, and Belgium, our work targets those fragile countries or communities that suffer from recurrent man-made or natural crises that impede human development. The people that we serve live in seventeen countries across the Middle East, Africa, and Asia where the debilitating effects of political instability, forced displacement, and natural disasters are pervasive. Often, RI is the only organization providing healthcare, education, logistics, energy, capacity building, economic development, sanitation, and many other forms of assistance to these highly vulnerable communities.
The Communication consultant (with focus on Graphic Design) will be responsible for developing and finalizing high quality communication materials for RI Turkey. This will include material such as COVID-19 diaries, a product which includes photos, stories and data from beneficiaries, staff at the time of the outbreak, and templates for the use of the organization (newsletter, factsheets, etc.). The consultant will design said material, as well as templates in a format that can be modified and adapted for further publications.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
The consultant will be required to do the following:
- Support designing and finalizing the content of COVID-19 diaries, a communication product in the form of a booklet. The content of the said material will be produced by Relief International but will need to be revised/finalized by the consultant.
- Creating templates for one-pagers, factsheets, brochures, several postcards, newsletters and leaflets for future use by RI.
- Design drafts of one-pagers, factsheets, brochures, postcards, newsletters and leaflets for future update by RI.
- Following donor and RI visibility guidelines in designing of the visual communication materials.
- Coordinate with RI during the RI’s review and revision of the materials
- A COVID-19 diary communication product, ready for circulation with public audiences.
- Templates for future use of one-pager, factsheets, special day postcards, newsletters
- Final products of one-pager, factsheets, special day postcards, newsletters featuring content provided by RI.
- Digital and print-ready versions of the above documents.
Project locations to be covered: Graphic designer will work remotely and carry on coordination with RI through online communication channels.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- University degree in graphic design, visual communication design, or any other relevant discipline.
- Graphic designer with demonstrated experience in presenting visual information in humanitarian settings;
- Excellent graphic and communication skills;
- Excellent command of English
- Ownership or possession of required hardware and software tools and any other necessary equipment to produce high-quality deliverables is a must.
All information pertaining to the project (audio, digital, cyber, project documents, etc.) belonging to the client, which the consultant may come into contact with in the performance of his/her duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of RI who shall have exclusive rights over their use. Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public nor used in whatever form without written permission of RI.
Contractual Arrangements and Supervision
Within the agreed period, the consultant will be hired under RI terms of contract and supervised by RI solely for delivering the above outputs. RI as the client shall provide necessary support to the Service Provider in order to execute the assignment during the duration of the consultancy. These shall include: Access to relevant content for the communications materials that is listed as a final product deliverable.
Equipment for the Assignment
No equipment will be purchased or provided by RI. Any equipment needed to complete this assignment will be provided by the consultant.
- Payment will be released upon RI’s acceptance of final deliverables following constant review by RI.
- As the position is based remotely, RI will not cover for any accommodation, transportation (including transportation to and from project locations within and between cities), per diem or any other kind of allowances.
- The service provider’s payment shall be based on the financial proposal developed for this consultancy.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter, financial proposal, and portfolio of past work by 14 July, 2020 via email to Apply button with the subject line: RI Graphic Designer
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and accountability
- Agility and innovation
All Relief International members (staff, volunteers and interns) are committed to the RI policies such as, RI Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. All new comers are expected to adhere to all these policies.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position.