The Communication Officer will be a part of the MENTOR Initiative programme team and report to the IEC Coordinator (Information, Education and Communication Coordinator) and technically supervised by the Data and M&E Coordinator. The Communication Officer will be bringing together all MENTOR mission campaigning for the middle east programme. Responsible for devising and implementing media plans for organisational campaigns, policy and profile-raising priorities in addition to responding to reactive enquires. Support the programme department in general with media work in support of MENTOR mission.
- Providing an effective service to the programme team by responding to enquiries and providing information, as a core member of the IEC team.
- Devising, under the direction of the IEC Coordinator / Data Coordinator, and implementing media strategies for MENTOR’s Medical, BCC (Behaviour Community Change), Preventive and IEC campaigns.
- Support the IEC team in designing promotional materials, videos related to projects as required, using Mentor Initiative high quality logos and branding guidelines.
- Draft, edit written materials and content as needed for MENTOR work, such as, but not limited to: success stories; monthly newsletter and case studies etc. based on analytics tracking.
- Assisting the IEC Coordinator in developing high-impact content for different social media platforms to engage stakeholders and promote the Mentor Initiative’s activities.
- Provide support and backup as needed on social media posting and scheduling.
- Monitor and moderate comments on social media posts, intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation.
- Support the IEC Team in graphic designs for printed materials.
- Any other duties assigned by IEC Coordinator and/or Data Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Humanitarian Field and Communication Roles.
- Fluent in Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphics packages.
- Experience producing, editing and disseminating strong multimedia content for online audiences ideally for NGOs and INGOs.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, proofreading and editing.
- Excellent understanding of multimedia content, including how it can best be produced, packaged, published and shared on websites, social media and news organizations.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as transfer knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of data protection issues.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills (English and Arabic are a must)
- 3+ years of experience in communications and digital media in a publishing or media outlet, INGO or NGO setting.
- Experience producing and editing video content.
- Experience maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts.
- Experience writing and editing educational materials.