The Day After is looking for an experienced, strategic, and creative Communications and Advocacy Manager. This is a full-time, senior management position that reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Communications and Advocacy team on a day-to-day basis, with line management to the Executive Director.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the organization ’s advocacy and communication priorities and specifically lead on assigned advocacy objectives.
- Develop TDA’s strategic communications vision, messaging, strategies, and policies on communications and advocacy.
- Oversee the production of (and help produce when necessary) various media products, including press releases, articles, op-eds, short reports used for communications purposes, talking points, internal and external FAQs, media briefings, press conferences, events / launches, and any related material for dissemination with the public, media, and donors.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the organization’s advocacy strategy, including the advocacy components of the Results Framework and the organization’s monitoring and evaluation approach.
- Support the Head of Development, in the development and submission of funding proposals and reports relating to the organization’s advocacy work and manage grants applicable to identified priority advocacy areas.
- Develop and implement communications and advocacy campaigns, events or activities relating to TDA’s output (such as major research, reports, surveys, etc.)., tools, and templates in collaboration with management staff and other team members.
- Extract and frame compelling information from TDA’s reports and research to be used for communications in a variety of formats (social media cards, brochures, briefs, infographics, etc.).
- Oversee the development of compelling and high-quality content, including social media content, human interest stories, photographs, and videos that promote TDA’s work.
- Oversee the coordination with other TDA departments to collect information for the creation of content. Effectively coordinate with program staff to collect and create content for communications and advocacy initiatives
- Maximize the reach and visibility of all communications and advocacy materials across a range of platforms.
- Support the development and continuation of long-term relationships with key advocacy stakeholders, such as international, national, and local media outlets/members and communications and advocacy staff in partner organizations.
Relevant academic degree in the fields of journalism, communications, marketing, political science, public affairs, media, international relations, or a related field.
Requirements and Skills:
- At least eight years’ experience in communications, including at least two years in a senior position.
- Experience in creating and overseeing the production of original content for a variety of audiences.
- Experience pitching to editors and reporters, and in building relationships with regional and international media.
- Proven track record in developing and overseeing the execution of communication strategies across traditional and digital media platforms.
- Excellent understanding of the media landscape, including social media.
- In-depth knowledge of the Syrian context and conflict.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (spoken and written).
- Experience in gender equality issues is an asset.
How to apply:
The Interested applicants are kindly requested to press apply then fill the application with required information
We are an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply. We do not and will not discriminate based on age, race, nationality or citizenship, gender expression or identity, religion, economic background, disability, or sexual orientation.