Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as: Communications Officer in Gaziantep
The position is to be filled by October 2021, with a contract duration until end of the project. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
To promote the work of Welthungerhilfe in the region by making its work visible, tangible and transparent to external stakeholders and the German public in order to ensure (financial) support and acceptance of our program.
Welthungerhilfe aims to strengthen its brand and awareness in the region through increased visibility in the field as well as in its communications efforts. Therefore, Communications Officer has established a good working relationship with its partners and the communication departments / focal points of various donors and fundings facilitators such as ECHO, OCHA (SCHF), BMZ, GIZ and GFFO and partner organizations.
By aiming to increase the awareness about Welthungerhilfe’s work in the region and its impact, the Communications Officer is responsible to create high quality and relevant content about Welthungerhilfe and its work tailored to different target audiences and communication channels. This content includes Human-interest stories, photos, and videos as well as preparing information materials which can be used to address journalist and (private) donors.
The Communications Officer is responsible to the content management of Welthungerhilfe Country Office website.
- Be the focal point for visibility, external communications and PR related issues for the region.
- Monitor, collect and analyse information pertaining to the humanitarian events and response efforts and develop internal and external information products.
- Proactively offer and facilitate interviews for German Media with relevant representatives and partners based in the three project countries in close coordination with the communication team at HO and Program Coordinator – Grants.
- Initiate, produce, edit, and coordinate the publication of high-quality multi-media communications material such as human-interest stories, case studies, story of change, interviews with affected communities, articles, blogposts, photographs, videos, but also project information in the form of brochures, flyers, fact sheets and newsletters.
- Coordinate with the HO to prepare press releases about natural disasters and human-made emergencies swiftly
- Provide technical advice, support and train Welthungerhilfe project staff and partner organisations in the region on Communications and visibility guidelines and based on existing internal sources produce practical written manuals for them to utilise.
- Ensure for the importance of protection guidelines such as data protection, informed consent and ethical standards for external communications within Welthungerhilfe and with partners.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain good relationships with communications focal points of partner organisations, donors, UN agencies, and German embassies/consulates and journalists.
- In conjunction with the CD and Program Coordinator – Grants, identify key messages about Welthungerhilfe’s work in the region to communicate to an external audience.
- Close liaise and with the Marketing department in HO to maintain, initiate and develop fundraising and PR activities.
- Organise, prepare, and accompany journalist trips in the region in close coordination with the communications unit at HO and the Program Coordinator – Grants.
- Ensure that each project and partner designs and implements its communication plan
- Update and manage the Welthungerhilfe Turkey’s Country Office website www.welthungerhilfe.org.tr
- Establish working relationship with relevant clusters (NWS Advocacy Working Group) with the aim to ensure Welthungerhilfe’s presence and influence.
- Broaden Welthungerhilfe portfolio of design and film agencies as well as freelance photographers and texters.
Other tasks as agreed with Line Manager.
- a relevant university or polytechnic qualification, ideally in the field of communications
- several years of relevant professional experience in the field of communications or working experience in media sector, preferably in the field of humanitarian /development cooperation
- experience with working in crisis regions
- ability to produce high quality media material
- excellent communication and writing skills
- excellent written and spoken English skills are required, Turkish and/or Arabic is highly desired, German is an asset
- intercultural competence
- Strong inter-personal communication skills and ability to work well in a team and in a multi-cultural setting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Adobe, and other designing software
- Flexibility and ability to work independently and take initiatives
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by September 15, 2021. Your contact person is Veysel Akkor.
Please read the privacy notice.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
“Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Welthungerhilfe reserves the right to fill in the position before the deadline due to urgency.”