- About MSYD
ASRA, is a non-governmental and humanitarian aid organization which mainly aims at meeting basic needs and improving living conditions of the individuals and communities who are affected by humanitarian crisis, conflicts, human rights violations and natural disasters.
ASRA continues its works at national and international level within principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality, and accountability, according to the international standards of humanitarian privacy. ASRA has a role in enhancing living conditions of crisis affected individuals and communities through activities and emergency responses carried out at national and international level.
ASRA, by carrying out field studies which regularly analyses the conditions of crisis affected people, and publishing situation reports; directs the attention of relevant organizations to crisis regions.
ASRA, pursuant to the principles of non-discrimination, transparency, impartiality and accountability, adopts direct and quick response to the crisis affected individuals and communities, as the main principle.
2. Job Summary
A community health worker is a member of a community selected by community members or organizations to provide primary health and medical care to people and / or groups who can provide preventive, promotional and rehabilitation care within the community. The main responsibilities of community health workers are to produce preventive health services, to raise awareness of their diseases and treatments, and to direct them to secondary and tertiary health services if necessary. Reaching the high-vulnerable groups that concern all levels of the society and realizing the necessary basic interventions, information and guidance.
3 .Duties and Responsibilities
Under the responsibility of a superior officer, the Community Health Worker will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
- Performs sensitivity assessments and identifies cases in need according to pre-determined criteria.
- Manages cases, including maintaining faithful to protocols on privacy and individual leave.
- Makes internal and external referrals of cases, updates feedback and referral forms,
- Updates case files with the help of the Protection Officer and ensures that the information is secured.
- To carry out preventive healthcare and guidance activities on reproductive health, newborn and child nutrition, early diagnosis of breast cancer, personal and home hygiene, tooth cleaning and vaccination.
- Advises and guides cases and community groups on issues related to diagnosis screening, such as cancer screening, pap samear, glaucoma tests, and diabetes screening.
- To provide informative trainings for pregnant women and children.
- To perform family planning services, health and hygiene incentives, screening of infectious diseases, carrying out health education activities, collecting statistics and health care referrals at the same time.
- It advises cases and communities in situations such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), antenatal substance abuse or prevention of domestic violence situations and risks.
- To meet basic needs such as first aid.
- Visiting service providers to ensure that the intervention, information and referral activities on community health are carried out effectively,
- Carrying out service provider mapping activities.
- To make weekly and monthly reports on the activities, interventions, orientation and mapping activities performed.
- 4 Required Qualifications
- Graduating from universities, Social Work, Physiotherapist, midwifery, nursing, Emergency Medical Technician, Nutritionist, Child Development or other related fields.
- Having professional experience in an organization in the human protection sector for at least 2 years,
- Ability to speak and write English with Arabic language skills (preferably).
- susceptibility to humanitarian and civil society issues in Turkey and the region
- Has strong initiative and motivation based on team work
- Ability to work multi-tasking and deal with various demands within tight deadlines,
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multicultural and multidisciplinary environment,
- Having strong problem solving and organizational skills,
- Flexible and responsive.
Computer Knowledge: Microsoft Office Programs, Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
5. Additional Responsibilities:
In line with the person's abilities, the position owner may also be given duties or responsibilities not mentioned above from time to time.
Location : Bağcılar/Sultanbeyli