Citizens Assembly is looking for a skilled Community Mental Health Worker (CMHW)to help us provide quality service to our beneficiaries. This position is a great opportunity for you to gain experience in the humanitarian sector and develop your skills. You will also be an important member of our team focusing on migrants who has been ill-treated to help them heal both psychological and physical.
You will be working in Nefes Center located in Fatih and also you will be helping our beneficiaries as providing the link between our services and the community with updated information about the scope of the center services and enables our team to understand the social dynamic in the community. In the context of the starting up and consolidation of a center for psychological support for migrants and in collaboration with the different professionals.
We expect you to share our humanitarian values to offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. In Citizens Assembly we treat our patients with dignity, and with respect for their cultural and religious beliefs.
Your tasks as CMHW includes:
- Reaches out the community providing information about the services in the center.
- Provides basic mental health education.
- Raises awareness on mental health and psychosocial problems and provides supportive activities for people seeking help at community level.
- Provides regular updated understanding of the community to help our team for better allocation of resources and services within the project.
- With his/her supervisor: map, plan and Conducts outreach activities including face to face and/or virtual meetings in the project catchment area to meet with community members.
- Ensures that the catchment populations are well-informed and updated of what the services provided are and how to use the services.
- Works with other team members to produce various culturally adapted Health and MH education messages/topics and assist in assessing the impact of the implementation of those activities.
- Organizes supportive activities in the community (discussion sessions, etc.).
- Supports the mapping of the catchment area of the project: schools, gathering points, community centres, etc.
We are looking for a dedicated person who has the right personality and wants to help our beneficiaries gain a better life. We do expect our candidates to have the following requirements.
- Cultural awareness of our Farsi speaking beneficiaries
- Excellent Farsi language skills, both written and verbal
- High level Turkish and English, both written and verbal
- Strong mental mindset
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet) is an asset
- Strong communication, organizational and social skills (attentive listening, open attitude, empathy, sensitivity)
- Interest in helping vulnerable population
- Turkish citizenship or temporary protection card
- Full time position (Monday to Friday from 09:00-18:00)
- 6-month contract (Renewable)
- Location: Istanbul
- Starting date: Soon as possible
We require all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. Failure of submitting this application documents would make the application invalid and the application would not be considered.
All documents of application must be in English.
Please send your applications with CV & Resume, a cover letter including aforementioned instructions in English.
The deadline for application is 12th of December 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for technical test and interview.
All the steps of the recruitment will be done in ENGLISH.
E-mail applications will not be accepted. Only applications from gelbasla.com would be considered.
Faaliyetlerine uluslararası Helsinki Yurttaşlar Meclisi girişimiyle eşzamanlı olarak 1990 yılında başlayan Yurttaşlık Derneği (Yd), 1993 yılında, uluslararası niteliği Bakanlar Kurulu'nca da tanınan bir sivil toplum örgütü olarak İstanbul'da kuruldu.
Dernek, temel hak ve özgürlükler, barış, çoğulculuk, yurttaşlık ve demokratikleşme alanlarında çalışmalar yürütür. Uluslararası sözleşmelerde de ifade edilen haysiyetli bir yaşam, hukukun üstünlüğü ve adalet, hesap veren, şeffaf ve katılımcı kamu idaresi, toplumsal cinsiyet eşitliği gibi değerlerin; toplumsal dokuyu ve barışı, şehirleri ve gezegeni tahrip etmeyen bir ekonominin; çatışma ve sorunların barışçı müzakere, istişare ve diyalog yöntemleriyle çözümlenmesi gibi usullerin gündelik hayatta benimsenerek sivil tabanda somutlaşmasını ve yaygınlaştırılmasını hedefler.