Community Mental Health Worker
For this job the person is obliged to respect the confidentiality of the information about beneficiaries, personnel and the programme.
TERMS OF REFERENCES
Contract period: One year starting from February 2019 (renewable)
Schedule: Full time
Reports Hierarchically: Field Coordinator (FC)
Technical to: Mental Health Activity Manager (MHAM)
Main purpose of the mission:
Community Mental Health Worker represents the link between our services and the local organizations. He/she provides updated information about the scope of the centre services and enables our team to understand the social dynamic in the local organizations. In the context of the consolidation of a centre for migrants and in collaboration with the different professionals, the Community Mental Health Worker:
- Provides information about the services in the centre
- Provides basic mental health education
- Raises awareness on mental health and psychosocial problems and provides supportive activities
- Provides regular updated understanding of the local organizations to help the Centre team for better allocation of resources and services within the project
- With his/her supervisor map, plan and conducts activities in the project area, to meet with local organizations.
- Ensures that the local organizations of concerned populations are well-informed and updated of what the services provided are and how to use the services.
- Works with other team members to produce various culturally adapted mental health education messages/topics and assist in assessing the impact of mental health education.
- Visits community based organisations, gathering places and key informants to identify the psychosocial problems of the concerned population and discuss the importance of mental health care, provides information sessions on mental health and psychosocial issues and on ways to deal with possible mental health difficulties.
- Organizes supportive activities in the local organizations (discussion sessions, etc.)
- Supports the mapping of services: schools, gathering points, community centres, etc.
- Supports and facilitates relations with community based organisations, health facilities, community leaders of his/her organizations where requested.
- Maintains monitoring data and follow-up on cases that need additional assistance.
- Supports in the defaulters tracing when requested.
- Makes regular reports of work to the supervisor.
- Attends supervision sessions and training sessions with other team members.
Education: Minimum High School degree
Languages: Excellent Farsi/Pashto language skills, both written and verbal is essential
Ability to communicate in Turkish is essential
Ability to communicate in English is a distinctive asset
Ability to understand and communicate different dialects (Dari, Urdu and Uzbek) is an asset
Experience: Desirableworking experience with NGOs and in multi-cultural teams
Desirable experience in working with vulnerable groups
Previous experience in mental health projects is a distinctive asset
Desired knowledge of the affected population
Desired experience in community and/or social work
Knowledge: Computer literacy (Word, Excel and Internet) is an asset.
Skills and Competencies: Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
Commitment to confidentiality and neutrality
Good observation and reporting skills
Open-minded, adaptable, cooperative
Flexible and open to different cultural, multi-ethnic and gender
Team work skills
Only CVs in English will be accepted.
Faaliyetlerine uluslararası Helsinki Yurttaşlar Meclisi girişimiyle eşzamanlı olarak 1990 yılında başlayan Helsinki Yurttaşlar Derneği (hYd), 1993 yılında, uluslararası niteliği Bakanlar Kurulu'nca da tanınan bir sivil toplum örgütü olarak İstanbul'da kuruldu.
Dernek, temel hak ve özgürlükler, barış, çoğulculuk, yurttaşlık ve demokratikleşme alanlarında çalışmalar yürütür. Uluslararası sözleşmelerde de ifade edilen haysiyetli bir yaşam, hukukun üstünlüğü ve adalet, hesap veren, şeffaf ve katılımcı kamu idaresi, toplumsal cinsiyet eşitliği gibi değerlerin; toplumsal dokuyu ve barışı, şehirleri ve gezegeni tahrip etmeyen bir ekonominin; çatışma ve sorunların barışçı müzakere, istişare ve diyalog yöntemleriyle çözümlenmesi gibi usullerin gündelik hayatta benimsenerek sivil tabanda somutlaşmasını ve yaygınlaştırılmasını hedefler.