AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organisations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for a Community Support Project Officer who will be positioned in Sanliurfa.
- Support Head of Office in project implementation for people with disabilities and children to promote their inclusion and participation in their communities;
- Under the supervision of Head of Office and Programme Manager conduct training and sessions for community support committees of children and persons with disabilities;
- Support the communities to establish community referral mechanisms and to strengthen their accessibility to child protection and persons with disabilities services;
- In coordination with Programme Manager train and guide project staffs on how to run and facilitate community meetings within the program scope;
- In coordination with Head of Office, support Programme Manager in monitoring and evaluation exercises for project activities;
- Report to Head of Office and Programme Manager weekly and monthly basis;
Required Qualification and Experiences
- Bachelor degree in sociology, social work or any relevant studies.
- At least 2 years of professional experience including at least 1 year in a relevant field.
- Ability to speak and write English and Arabic.
- Experience/ability to influence internal and external stakeholders such as Muhtars.
- Experience/ability in reporting
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team.
- Excellent personal organizational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work closely with managers and implementation staff as needed.
- Master degree in relevant studies.
- Ability to speak and write Turkish, Kurdish
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to the email provided in the apply button indicating the code number which is SU-CSPO-2019 in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by the 8th of November 2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfil the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.