Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of our global mission to end hunger in Turkey, Syria and Lebanon, we look forward to receiving your application as: Compliance & Data Privacy Officer in Gaziantep.
The position is to be filled by May 03, 2021, with a contract duration until 31/12/2021. Employment location will be Gaziantep, Turkey. The position is paid according to [[paygrade]].
The Compliance Officer will work with the HOC to ensure annual compliance plans appropriate for the context and management requirements. H/She will work with relevant focal points across all departments including programmes, finance, procurement, logistics and human resources providing feedback on the effectiveness of the internal controls in place in ensuring adherence to regulations and best practice.
- Develop and continually follow up on annual compliance review plans specifically relating to data protection with KVKK and working with program and operations departments to analyze the potential risk in their activities, set monitoring standards and follow up to close the gap areas in the system.
- The compliance officer will play important role to monitor compliance with the KVKK and GDPR regulatory requirement.
- Participate in a periodic review to ensure an adequate level of data protection is in place & follow up on the corrective measures with the relevant department.
- Responsibility for the management of all personal data protection processes and leading on relations with the personal data protection agency and hardcopy filing and archiving.
- Participate in physical inspection visits and due diligence checks for vendors, contractors, traders as required and in particular as relates to data protection.
- Ensure the timely completion and submission of internal compliance review reports in line with the annual plan.
- Review implementing partner assessments, reviews, and internal or external audit reports and ensure any issues and action points for WHH or the partners to address are clearly documented and communicated with the relevant people in WHH. Ensure that management and staff follow up on these issues and close any action points in a timely manner.
Advice and Capacity Building
- Oversee the development and roll out of in-country training materials in relation to Data protection (KVKK), and ensure that the materials are relevant to the context.
- In conjunction with HO compliance support the implementation of the training plan for the year to incorporate donor, data protection and WHH rules/policies training for WHH and IP staff.
- Provide expert advice to management and staff in relation to compliance throughout the project lifecycle - from project design to contract review, implementation, procurement, reporting and audit.
- Provide advice as necessary on partnership agreements and procurement contracts to ensure that they adhere to and account for all relevant WHH policy & KVKK/GDPR regulatory requirement.
Serious Complaints Investigations
Support the Head of Compliance and the Serious Complaints Committee & PSEA Committee meetings, in conducting investigations into serious complaints. This includes:
- Conduct or participate in investigations as assigned by the Serious Complaints Committee.
- In conjunction with the HOC work with HR and procurement departments to follow up the Conflict of Interest management system that includes ongoing declarations by staff of any perceived, potential or actual conflicts of interest as relates to other staff or current and potential suppliers. This system includes the development and approval of mitigation measures to address any perceived or potential COI.
- Conducting other tasks including special assignments as assigned by the Head of Compliance.
Min. 3 years of work experience in a similar position; preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Experience and knowledge of internal audit or risk management, data protection KVKK and/ or compliance activities within the Turkish legal framework.
- Experience in working with field-based humanitarian activities is an advantage.
- University graduate with a background in: law, management, administration, accounting/finance, or related field.
- Experience with the data protection legislation KVKK.
- Strong computer and accurate record keeping skills are required (MS Excel, MS Word at a minimum) and ability to learn new systems and IT software quickly and effectively
- An understanding of the humanitarian context in Turkey and North West Syria
- Analytical mindset to contribute to problem solving and improving systems and workflows
- Ability and willingness to travel within Turkey to project areas, travel to Northern Aleppo may also be required occasionally.
- Organised but able to respond to changing priorities,
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, and to assess risk and prioritise accordingly,
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Very good communication skills and ability to build positive relationships across departments.
- Ability to cope with stress and stay calm and polite even in high workload or stressful situations
- Hardworking and self-motivated
Language Skills: Excellent English and Turkish are required. Arabic language is an asset.
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by April 18, 2021. Your contact person is Veysel Akkor.
WHH TURKEY JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice was drafted by Deutsche Welthungerhilfe e.V. Turkey Representation Office (“WHH Turkey”) as data controller in accordance with Article 10 of the Turkish Law No 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data (“Law”) and the Communiqué on the Principles and Procedures in Conforming with the Obligation to Inform.
On the legal bases referred to in Article 5, “the processing activity is necessary for establishment, use or protection of a right” and “the processing is necessary for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract”, WHH Turkey shall process your name-surname, e-mail address, mobile phone no, references and CV/résumé personal data for carrying out selection and placement processes for job candidates, and transfer them to third party suppliers through your applications to published WHH Turkey job ads via employment agencies or sending your CV/résumé to WHH Turkey directly by wholly or partly automatic means. Additionally, WHH Turkey is going to get in touch with your references assuming that all obligatory information is given, and consents are obtained by your side about sharing their personal data with WHH Turkey.
You may submit your requests to WHH Turkey under Article 11 of the Law concerning the rights of the data subject in accordance with the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to a Data Controller.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.