Job Purpose/Main Responsibilities:
Reporting to Senior Operations and Public Relations Manager. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring all functions of Syria Relief Turkey/Syria including its partners are fully compliant with Syria Relief policies and procedures, Turkish Rules and Regulations, and donor policies and procedures through regular audits and reviews. In particular, these audits and reviews will assess the system of internal controls are adequate and effective and identify improvements across all departments. Providing support for the compliance department including working with legal documents, assisting with compliance activities, corporate governance, and entity maintenance. This position is accountable for meeting deadlines and effectively executing work product under significant deadline pressure.
- BA in Finance / Accounting or equivalent professional qualification.
- 2 years of related experience, previous INGO/NGO experience is an advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn new systems and IT software (QuickBooks) quickly and effectively.
- Organized and flexible, able to respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently on their own initiative, assess risk, and make plans accordingly.
- Fluency in English and native in Turkish.
- Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions.
- Demonstrable high level of interpersonal skills and patience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Impartiality, objectivity, and confidentiality.
- Ability to travel locally, if necessary.
- Under the direction of the Senior Operations and Public Relations Manager, review the extent to which those internal policies, rules, and guidelines are complied with, including conducting walk-throughs and tests that systematically assess whether systems and controls are operating as per policies, procedures, and donor regulations.
- To stay informed of and ensure adherence to the policies and procedures of Syria Relief and its donors concerning Logistics, Finance, HR, and Program.
- Make day to day compliance check before payments with the cooperation of other departments.
- Make compliance check on project payrolls and submit them on time to the related departments for payments.
- Make a compliance check at the end of the month for month-end process.
- Prepare official documents for local authorities. Keep records of official documents and keep the books. Prepare the legal files for funding agreements. Registration in the official association system. Be in communication with local authorities and third parties to meet the requirements.
- To conduct regular audits and reviews across all departments; assess and ensure their compliance with Syria Relief and donor policies and procedures; produce reports on findings and recommendations based on the risk assessment.
- To assess the extent to which action plans and recommendations based on internal audits and periodic reviews are adhered to as outlined in Syria Relief manuals and donor regulations.
- To walk through the control mechanisms and existing methodology with an emphasis on risk management and analyze their effectiveness against fraud and human error.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and cover letter indicating your experience to the attention of the HR Department in Syria Relief with the job code “SYD-TR-ANT-001“ in the subject line.
"All Syrian Relief Association members (staff, volunteers, and interns) are committed to the SYD policies such as SYD Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy, Reporting Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Reporting Conflict of Interest, Reporting Misconduct."
Due to the urgency of the position, suitable candidates may be selected prior to the application deadline.