Vacancy Notice Number:
Gaziantep – Turkey
Deadline of Applications:
29 January 2021
Number of Vacant positions
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the administrative overall supervision of the Information Management Officer in Gaziantep, technical supervision of the Information Technology Officer based in Ankara and direct supervision of National ITC Officer in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible in providing technical support and services to all visitors in Resilience Innovation Center- FabLab located in Gaziantep University.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting all students and visitors to troubleshoot laser-cutting and 3D printing issues or for any other lab tool
- Performing daily maintenance of equipment
- Assisting the manager in closing the lab and clean-up of tools
- Alerting the Shop Technician or Section Leader on duty of any potentially dangerous situation.
- Upholding and promoting safe use of the department's Digital Fabrication Lab equipment.
- Management of booking system for student’s organisation and lab visits.
- Participation in projects development of applied research, Industrial applications, product design and knowledge transfer.
- Teach learners in the Fab Lab how to use the various software and machinery available in the lab. Work with learners to assist in their projects, provide guidance in the development of their projects, and direct them to the most appropriate tools and resources.
- Assist the FabLab Manager in engaging with a wide variety of target groups to develop, plan and deliver a wide range of events and workshops, for groups such as primary & secondary age children; community groups.
- Creating a protected space for all visitors and training attendees.
- Close coordination with ICT and Livelihood teams for any issue may occur.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic/ Telecommunication or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent in problem solving skills and love technical challenges with hand on experiences;
- Ability to plan and organize work;
- Knowledge of .NET framework (ASP, VB), SQL and CMS will be an advantage.
- Experience with image editing, CAD/CAM applications, and design software.
- Experience with fabrication equipment such as a vinyl printer/cutter, laser etcher/cutter, CNC mill, CNC plasma cutter, 3D printers and other related equipment.
- Experience working in or using manufacturing/industrial and rapid prototyping technology and equipment.
- Proficient in common desktop applications (web browsing, Microsoft Office Suite, image editing).
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered. The approval of current employer (If applicable) is necessary for holding this position and advance written permission from current employer is necessary before assigned duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number and the city applied for in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 29 January 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.