Vacancy Notice Number:
Gaziantep – Turkey
Deadline of Applications:
29 June 2022
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the administrative overall supervision of the National ITC Officer based in Gaziantep, and direct supervision of Senior ICT Assistant in Gaziantep, the incumbent will be responsible in providing technical support and services to all visitors in Resilience Innovation Center- FabLab located in Gaziantep University.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist all students and visitors to troubleshoot laser-cutting and 3D printing issues or for any other lab tool
- Perform daily maintenance of equipment
- Assist the specialist in closing the lab and clean-up of tools
- Alert the Shop Technician or Section Leader on duty of any potentially dangerous situation.
- Uphold and promote safe use of the department's Digital Fabrication Lab equipment.
- Responsible of booking system for student’s organisation and lab visits.
- Participate in projects development of applied research, Industrial applications, product design and knowledge transfer.
- Teach learners in the Fab Lab on how to use the various software and machinery available in the lab. Work with learners to assist in their projects, provide guidance in the development of their projects, and direct them to the most appropriate tools and resources.
- Assist the FabLab specialist in engaging with a wide variety of target groups to develop, plan and deliver a wide range of events and workshops, for groups such as primary & secondary age children; community groups.
- Create a protected space for all visitors and training attendees.
- Organize monthly trainings to selected visitors of Fablab
- Organize computer-based trainings to visitors forwarded by Ensar Migration Center in coordination with municipality and migration center team.
- Work closely and coordinate with ICT and Livelihood teams for any issue may occur.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical/Electronic/ Telecommunication or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High school degree from an accredited academic institution, with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent in problem solving skills and love technical challenges with hand on experiences;
- Ability to plan and organize work;
- Knowledge of .NET framework (ASP, VB), SQL and CMS will be an advantage.
- Experience with image editing, CAD/CAM applications, and design software.
- Experience with fabrication equipment such as a vinyl printer/cutter, laser etcher/cutter, CNC mill, CNC plasma cutter, 3D printers and other related equipment.
- Experience working in or using manufacturing/industrial and rapid prototyping technology and equipment.
- Proficient in common desktop applications (web browsing, Microsoft Office Suite, image editing).
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
- Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
- Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
- Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
- Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
- Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
- Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
- Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
Managing and sharing knowledge:
- Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
- Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
- Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
- Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail to email@example.com or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 29 June 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.