Vacancy Notice Number:
6 months Special Short-Term Ungraded Contract (UG)-with possible extension
Istanbul Airport (6)
Deadline of Applications:
23 January 2021
Number of Vacant positions
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Turkey is operating in a complex migration environment. The country is hosting over 4 million of migrants and refugees under various administrative status. IOM Turkey supported developing migrant integration policy and is implementing capacity building programs aiming at social cohesion of migrants in the country and strengthening the capacity of authorities at central and local levels. The incumbent under the direct supervision of the National program Officer and the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator will support the implementation and further development of the migrant integration portfolio in the Department for Migration Management of IOM Turkey.
Under the direct supervision of National Project Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting, guiding and assisting the foreigners in the Provincial Directorate of Migration Management (PDMM) During the project implementation, the incumbents will be located in PDMM premises in the province of the duty station they apply for. This position works under the direct supervision of a Senior Project Assistant (G6).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide information to foreigners about policies and procedures in the scope of migration management of Turkey.
- Provide necessary guidance and orientation to foreigners to ease their access to given rights and social services provided to them.
- Guide the foreigners to relevant public institutions in a correct and timely manner, and keep them informed on various issues to decrease the burden on service provider.
- Identify foreigners’ problems and needs in access to different social services and take the steps necessary steps in coordination with relevant institutions and organizations.
- Regularly report foreigners’ common problems and needs in access to different services as well as sustainability and quality or services.
- Distribute brochures, pamphlets and other printing materials to enable foreigners to access right information.
- Contribute to the organization of briefings, trainings and preparation of informative materials.
- Coordinate with the relevant departments of PDMM and assist for information flow between foreigners and the departments.
- Work closely with other specialists and interpreters of the PDMM.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- University/ Bachelor’s or Vocational Schools of Higher Education degree in Psychological Counselling and Guidance, Sociology, Psychology, Social Services or another related field.
- Preferably minimum two years of work experience in migration or another related field
- Preferably one year experience in the field of vulnerability
- In-depth knowledge on public institutions or organizations related to field of migration
- Commitment to follow the recent developments in the field of migration,
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake assigned responsibilities and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, good persuasive and problem solving skills
- Result-oriented approach
- Good knowledge of the MS Office applications
for Ankara: fluency in Turkish and Arabic is required for 2 vacant positions;
fluency in Turkish and English is required for 1 vacant position is required.
for Bursa: fluency in Turkish and Arabic is required for 2 vacant positions;
fluency in Turkish and English is required for 1 vacant position is required.
for Erzincan: fluency in Turkish and Russian is required.
for Istanbul Airport: fluency in Turkish and Arabic for 3 vacant positions;
fluency in Turkish and English for 3 vacant positions is required.
for Istanbul: fluency in Turkish and Arabic for 3 vacant positions;
fluency in Turkish and English for 2 vacant positions is required.
for Mersin: fluency in Turkish and Arabic for 1 vacant position;
fluency in Turkish and Persian for 1 vacant position is required.
for all other provinces: fluency in Turkish and Arabic is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered. The approval of current employer (If applicable) is necessary for holding this position and advance written permission from current employer is necessary before assigned duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number and the city applied for in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 23 January 2021.
Please state in your e-mail for which duty station you have applied.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.