- Email address for application : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject of the application e-mail : TRIM-CMAR-2022- (Applicant's Surname)
IMECE is looking for a skilled Cultural Mediator to help us provide quality service to our beneficiaries. This position is a great opportunity for you to gain experience in the humanitarian sector and develop your skills. You will also be an important member of our team focusing on migrants who has been ill-treated to help them heal both psychological and physical.
You will be working in Nefes center located in Fatih and also you will be helping our beneficiaries when they have to go to external clinics and hospitals. Your main responsibilities as a Cultural Mediator will be to interpret in Arabic, Turkish and English in psychologist counselling sessions and in medical case management sessions in external clinics and hospitals our beneficiaries are going.
We expect you to share our humanitarian values to offer assistance to people based on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. In IMECE we treat our beneficiaries with dignity, and with respect for their cultural and religious beliefs.
Your tasks as Cultural Mediator includes:
- Work closely with any of the practitioners (social workers, doctors, psychologists, physiotherapist and receptionist) to deliver complete and accurate translation and interpretation on their sessions with the beneficiaries to enable culturally sensitive case management
- Assist the practitioners on effective methods of culturally sensitive communication and informing them about local customs, tradition, etc.
- Participates in the case discussions providing inputs and shares observation on a beneficiary
- Translate written texts including documents, short stories or any others when needed
- Accompanies the patient to external services for referral, when required
We are looking for a dedicated person who has the right professionality and wants to help our beneficiaries gain a better life. We do expect our candidates to have the following requirements.
- Cultural awareness of our Arabic speaking beneficiaries
- Excellent Arabic language skills, both written and verbal
- High level Turkish and English, both written and verbal
- Strong mental mindset
- Turkish citizenship
- Experience working with vulnerable groups and/or working with translation is an asset
- Full time position (Monday to Friday from 08:30-17:30)
- Location: Istanbul
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary Gross: Between 13.000-15.900 TRY
We require all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. Failure of submitting this application documents would make the application invalid and the application would not be considered.
All documents of application must be in English.
Please send your applications with CV & Resume, a cover letter including aforementioned instructions in English
The deadline for application is 29/05/2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for technical test and interview.
All the steps of the recruitment will be done in ENGLISH.
E mail address for application : email@example.com
Subject of the application e-mail : TRIM-CMAR-2022- (Applicant's Surname)