The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Asylum Support Office (EASO) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
Logistical coordination of cultural orientation classes for refugees in Turkey, Lebanon, and other countries under the RSC. Responsibility to maintain statistical reports of the program. Manage and monitor program resources and CO staff schedules, assignments, leaves and absences.
- CO class composition ;
- CO Scheduling (updating applicants’ CO status in the system as well as corresponding with external partners when needed such as UNHCR and IOM) ;
- Pre CO Delivery logistics (coordination with other Units) ;
- Post CO Delivery Logistics (updating applicants’ CO status in the system, following up with other units when necessary) ;
- Write and maintain CO operational SOPs in accordance with Program Guidelines and funders ;
- Supervise Childcare and Interpreter activities, workload and schedules as necessary ;
- Organize trainers’ schedules to successfully deliver CO classes on behalf of refugees resettling to the U.S. ;
- Coordinate with Processing and Finance Units in Turkey and Lebanon for the timely and effective scheduling of classes ;
- Identify and secure suitable locations to conduct CO classes in remote sites and supervise the establishment of mobile CO classes ;
- Allocate resources – physical and personnel – to meet program outcomes ;
- Arrange training schedules, supervise annual leave schedules and ensure availability of substitutes for planned and unplanned absences ;
- Ensure weekly and monthly statistics on the people are accurate and up to date on refugees who have received CO ;
- Compose and schedule orientation sessions on behalf of refugees being resettled to the United States.
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Willingness to travel within the Middle East;
- Minimum BA degree. Field considered could be a broad range from humanities to performance to political science ;
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Familiarity with database or data entry and Microsoft Applications;
- Demonstrated experience living or working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Must be a Turkish citizen;
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills – listening and communicating with staff and their needs
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Assess and react to real-time situations
- Detailed knowledge about using digital platforms for collecting and reporting data such as START and Tableau
- Detailed knowledge of using data to effectively report outcomes
- Use and coordination of department resources
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum two pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to:
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-21-CO-02 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27th September 2021.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact us via our application address.
Application Address for all ICMC Positions: email@example.com