The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international non-governmental organization, whose mission is to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. In collaboration with governmental and non-governmental partners, and through a worldwide network of members, ICMC implements and advocates for right-based policies and sustainable solutions to address global migration challenges. ICMC’s operations are aimed to respond to the needs of vulnerable individuals and communities, and focus on protection, humanitarian assistance, resettlement, migration and development.
For four decades, ICMC has partnered with the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration to conduct refugee resettlement. Currently ICMC operates under a cooperative agreement with the Department of State (DOS), as a Resettlement Support Centre (RSC) and under a contract with European Asylum Support Office (EASO) to prepare eligible refugee for resettlement to US and European Union Member States. As part of this service, we work with several thousands of refugees and their families each year and take them through each stage of processing that is required for resettlement to the U.S.A. ICMC also has a sub-office in Beirut, Lebanon.
SCOPE OF WORK
As part of US Refugee Resettlement processing, the Cultural Orientation (CO) Program constitutes an essential phase where refugees are given a three-day orientation to assist them in their adjustment and integration into life in the U.S. Some areas covered during these classes include education, housing, US law, social services, employment and money management, cultural adjustment. Each training session is tailored to a specific refugee population and its demographics. The trainer is responsible for delivering classes and carrying out any administrative and support activities required by the orientation program.
Role Purpose / Main Responsibilities
- Deliver learner-centered trainings to refugees according to standardized curriculum and materials;
- Work within a team at researching, designing, modifying, and developing Cultural Orientation materials and curriculum.
- Conduct scheduled orientation sessions on behalf of refugees being resettled to the United States;
- Foster a learner-centered environment in the classroom through which refugees build an understanding of the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for a successful resettlement experience;
- Organize classroom supplies and materials necessary for an interactive environment;
- Maintain monthly inventories of all instructional supplies and order material in direct consultation with program supervisors;
- Travel to regional sites and oversee the successful and efficient completion of Cultural Orientation classes, as required.
- Take an active role in the training and development goals of the CO Program and support agency wide staff development trainings when appropriate;
- Maintain weekly and monthly statistics on the people who have been trained;
- Update CO status in WRAPS;
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the position.
- Commitment to uphold ICMC’s values of fairness, equality and respect of human dignity;
- Commitment to safeguard refugee interests and to prevent any real or perceived abuse of trust and conflict of interest;
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Willingness to travel within the Middle East;
- Minimum BA degree. Field considered could be a broad range from humanities to performance to political science;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Arabic and /or Farsi preferred;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications;
- Familiarity with on-line meeting platforms is a plus;
- Demonstrated experience living or working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellence utilizing a variety of training methods;
- Previous instructional and / or training experience preferred;
- International living experience, preferable one year in the United States;
- Must be a Turkish citizen;
- Conduct work with the highest level of personal and professional integrity. Must comply with and actively promote ICMC's zero tolerance policy with regard to sexual exploitation and abuse, harassment, abuse of power, fraud and corruption in all of its activities and responsibilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV of maximum four pages in English, a motivation letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to: our HR Address on the company profile section.
The Vacancy Notice number TU-IST-21-CO-01 and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 31st May 2021.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to a Zero-Tolerance Policy toward sexual exploitation, abuses and all forms of unlawful harassment, including but not limited to sexual harassment. Screening of applications includes the vetting for records of prior misconduct and reference checking. ICMC may take other necessary measures to ensure that people involved in substantiated cases of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment will not be recruited.
ICMC is committed to equal employment opportunities for all applicants. ICMC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age.
By submitting your application, you agree that ICMC collects and processes the information you provide. Your personal information will only be used for recruitment purposes. Your application will be kept strictly confidential. In any case, your personal information will be stored until the end of the application process and then destroyed in accordance with the relevant legislation if we do not have the opportunity to offer you a position.
If you have sent your personal information to us, we would like to indicate that you have the following rights.
- Learning whether personal data is processed,
- Requesting information if it has been processed, learning the purpose of processing personal data and whether they are used appropriately for their purpose,
- To know the third parties to whom personal data are transferred domestically or abroad,
- To request correction of personal data in case of incomplete or incorrect processing,
- Requesting the deletion or destruction of personal data,
- Request notification of the processes regarding the correction, deletion or destruction of personal data to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
- Object to the occurrence of a result against the person himself by analyzing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- To request the compensation of the damage in case of damage due to the illegal processing of personal data.
In general, if you have any questions about your personal information, or if you have complaints and / or objections to the processing of your personal information, please contact us via our application address.
Application Address: email@example.com