|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||Ankara|
IFRC is currently seeking a Data Officer to join the team in Ankara.
The Data Officer will report and follow the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator providing technical support to the programme and reporting team members. This position is oriented around data management, including data collection, analysis (primary and secondary), and visualization with an emphasis on strengthening data usage to enhance information-based decision-making processes. The data officer will be responsible for maintenance of the already established information management systems as well as expanding the established good practices through building skills in data literacy and enhancing data readiness. The position requires close collaboration with TRCS counterparts in order to ensure that IFRC standards for data collection and processing are closely followed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties:
• Maintenance of the data management system – including designing data structures, data cleaning, and data analysis.
• Provision of technical assistance to IFRC and TRCS team members.
• Maintenance of the data and information inventories. • Identification of key secondary data sources for the operation.
• Ensuring use and maintenance of the system to capture activities in programmatic areas and ensure the regular collection and analysis of indicators for the operation.
• Review of the data for quality and accuracy.
• Support for the TRCS to further enhance their skills in data collection, management, analysis, and visualization.
• Record and store all relevant information and documents to ensure accountability and institutional memory on work conducted.
• Ensuring that Turkey migration data is shared with the Europe regional migration IM system, as required.
• Translation/interpretation from Turkish to English when required.
• Fulfil any other related tasks as assigned by the manager.
University degree in Statistics/ Information Management /Social Science or other relevant area.
• Experience in data collection (KoBo, ODK, methodologies), data analysis (using tools/software of choice), data visualisation (Tableau) – candidates are requested to share two examples of their previous work in this field.
• Technical expertise with mobile data collection tools.
• Experience in enhancing data literacy and data readiness in organisations.
• Experience in working in the humanitarian sector.
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Strong interpersonal skills and diplomacy in order to manage relationships with many stakeholders and in a complex situational environment.
- Solid skills in teamwork and coordination so as to be able to bridge the communication between decision makers and technical personnel.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to synthesize, process and prioritize large amounts of information.
- Ability to work towards tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Considerable computer literacy skills with advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Good understanding of statistics to analyse data and provide evidence-based results.
- Skills in data visualization tools to communicate analysis and results to varying stakeholders.
- Additional skills in GIS, database systems, web design and programming, and internet technologies is preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Turkish; Arabic language skills preferred.
Competencies and values
- Assessment, Information Management, Collaboration and Teamwork, Interpersonal Communication, Integrity.
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.