Vacancy Notice Number:
Data Processing Assistant
Ankara - Turkey
One Year Fixed Term Graded Contract (G5)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
29 October 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the direct supervision of the Migration Health Physician, Head of HA or PEC team in Ankara and under overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer for Turkey (CMHO), the successful candidate will be responsible for the carrying out the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Ankara, Turkey.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Data Processing Assistant provides information, relevant to Health Assessment Programs, Applicant processing and other IOM services to the migrants. He/she may be assigned to one of two potential subunits within the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC): the reception and data processing unit. The incumbent will need to be capable of flexibility when assigned different tasks. Below is a description of the possible tasks, which are more detailed in the duty lists and standard operating procedures (SOPS).
Scheduling and Call Centre overall duties:
- Provide migrants’ information regarding health assessments by phone;
- Coordinate with embassies, UNHCR, Operation unit, and other IOM missions to schedule migrants for Pre-Migration Health Assessment, Pre-Departure Medical Procedures, Pre-Embarkation Check and other medical procedures.
- Make phone calls to migrants directly or using interpreters to inform medical procedures and collect required medical information for scheduling
- Register the migrants in the IOM database, schedule and confirm medical appointments and receive and communicate messages for medical staff and beneficiaries;
- Prepare master lists of migrants scheduled for health assessment processing and submit them to respective service providers / relevant staff as required;
- Maintain daily statistics related to health assessments, and update the records; and,
- Contribute to customer satisfaction evaluation management.
Reception and Data Entry overall duties:
- Perform all the necessary data processing activities of the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC), taking photos and loading on the image to the appropriate platform; and, printing of medical forms, consent forms and other necessary documents.
- Receive all completed medical examination forms, x-rays and other documents Panel Physicians,update the database and forward for quality check if applicable;
- Transfer completed medical files to counterparts, and facilitate medically assisted movements in a way medical confidentiality is maintained in compliance with IOM Data Protection Principles;
- Transmit completed medical forms, DNA packages and other medical documents. Ensure correct contacts and physical address are used whenever documents are transmitted by courier services and ensure to inform the receiving party of the parcel tracking number electronically;
- Maintain security of confidential Health data and personal information of IOM beneficiaries, contribute to fraud prevention and protection of the data.
- File incoming/outgoing letters, reports, memoranda, emails faxes as well as IOM documents and forms related to IOM medical issues;
- Check, print and make photocopy of bank deposit slips (or other proof of payment). Regularly submit these photocopies to the Administrative/Finance Assistant; and,
Data management duties;
- Maintain and produce statistical data on timely basis commensurate to the needs and demands of Health Assessment Programmes
- Conduct Quality Check of data entry in IOM database on regular basis
- Maintain tracking lists and conduct weekly pipeline checks for quality management of Health Assessment Programmes
- Monitor medical movements and Advance Booking Notifications, and provide timely assistance to CMHO and Pre-Departure Medical Screening team for medically assisted movements
Administrative and other programme support duties;
- Verify reimbursement invoices against IOM database or supporting documents, and prepare PRF by allocating adequate WBS in coordination with Resource Management Officer and medical administrative assistant
- Maintain medical escort roster and make medical escort arrangement upon CMO’s instructions in coordination with Medical and Operation units. It includes logistic supports, preparing ME documents, and communication and coordination with ME.
- Provide back up support to Senior Medical Administrative Assistant for MHD related logistics, procurement and financial matters
- Provide routine technical support to the medical staff such as troubleshooting, software and hardware installation with close guidance of the senior IT; coordinate any complex issues with IT department.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University Degree in medicine related qualifications, e,g, Nurse, Dentist, Pharmacist or Business and Administration with at least three years of relevant working experience;
- Certificate in IT/Data entry or IT related background is an advantage;
- At least two years’ experience in computer data entry, elaboration and analysis or in a call centre in a busy institution, preferably a medical one;
- Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute;
- High computer literacy in Windows and MS Office is mandatory, knowledge of web page design would be an asset;
- Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as previous secretarial and archival experience, an added advantage; and,
- Previous working experience with NGOs or international organizations is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is required.
- Working knowledge of languages used by refugees/migrants in Turkey is advantageous.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
• Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
• Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
• Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 29 October 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (Social Services)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant re-advertised
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)– re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (WASH)
- Project Assistant (Protection) re-advertised
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Interpreter
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) re-advertised