AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for Database&IT Officer who will be positioned in Mardin, Turkey.
- Perform day-to-day basic operation support to all computer networks including hardware and provide end user troubleshooting support in Office .
- Maintain user accounts and ensure they have relevant access rights for secure connection to Internet and network shared resources.
- Provide support to staff for windows and office applications problem .
- Provide support to staff for email setup and Share point synchronization on computer.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate hardware servicing and maintenance to all Computer Hardware and Peripherals.
- Responsible for all the data entry activities related to the case management/Community Support and PSS database
- Obtain an up to date database and report on weekly and monthly basis to related Officers.
- Conduct satisfaction surveys interviews, and follow up on an online forms and report to related officers on weekly basis.
- Report to the head of office and CM/CS Officers on weekly basis on beneficiary’s relation and complains. And seek proper answers and feedback and communicate it formally to beneficiaries.
- Support case management officer on the verification process of new referred cases.
- Receiving hotline calls, giving information’s about available services and directing/assisting them to related departments.
- Skills in computer desktop applications including Word processing, Spreadsheet, Presentation application software.
- Skill in hardware maintenance and servicing (Desktops, Laptops, Printers etc.)
- Excellent Proficiency in Microsoft Access, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimum 2 years-experience of working in data and database management.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in data collection, storage, and analysis.
- English, and Arabic or Kurdish proficiency is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good understanding of key principles of international NGOs including accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence, cooperation, and intercultural understanding
- High flexibility, with ability to work under pressure and minimal supervision.
- Knowledge in Turkish is an asset.
- Proficiency in Visual Basic and Microsoft Access.
- Experience of working in the field of Humanitarian Aid.
- Experience/Ability to communication in a positive and diplomatic way.
- Experience/Ability to feedback beneficiaries voice to officer and responsible staff in charge.
- Experience of taking initiative and being proactive
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and work under pressure.
- Start day: ASAP
- Work location: Mardin with occasional business trips inside Turkey
- Condition: Salary and other conditions will be in accordance with AAR Japan’s Terms of Employment for National staff.
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to email provided in the apply button indicating the code number which is MY-DIT-2019-R in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by 13rd of December, 2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted for test and interview. The submitted documents will not be returned.