Position: Deputy Finance Manager
Duty station: Gaziantep
Line Manager: Finance Manager
Starting date: 01 September 2020
ABOUT PEOPLE IN NEED - PIN
PIN is a humanitarian organization that works in areas affected by man-made or natural disasters to save lives, sustain human rights, and restore healthy communities; therefore, PIN’ work is essential and becomes more important during disasters.
General Objective of the position:
He/she will be responsible for the preparation of new budgets, budget reviews and realignments, expenditure forecasts, financial reports, management of partners finances, costs allocations among sources.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- In coordination with programs team and or management prepares all new budgets for projects and administration, including narratives.
- In coordination with programs team and or management prepares budget revisions and realignments for all budgets for projects and administration, including narratives.
- Supports programme managers as well as support departments with budget planning and expenditure forecasting (drawings)
- COST ANALYSIS AND ALLOCATION
- Prepares cost analysis and recommendations and reports to the Finance Manager
- Proposes cost allocation methodologies
- Prepares and controls the monthly shared costs computations and allocation to projects
- Prepares and controls the monthly HR overview for distribution and allocation of salaries
- Prepares and controls the monthly rent lists for offices/GHs, cars and other facilities
- FINANCIAL REPORTS
- Keeps track on financial reporting deadlines
- Reviews financial data before reporting and if needed liaise with Finance Manager and accountancy for corrections or amendments.
- Prepares all financial reports and submits to Finance Manager for final review and approval
- PARTNERSHIP FINANCES
- Participates in the process of due diligence for new partners
- Responsible for budget review, monitoring and reporting of PIN’s partners
- Responsible for ensuring proper supporting documentation is kept and archived by the partners.
- Responsible for compliance in contractual terms, policies and procedures followed by the partner.
- STAFF MANAGEMENT AND CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
- Line manages a finance officer and/or assistant
- Trains and builds the capacity of staff under his/her supervision
- Performs periodical evaluation to staff under management, under instructions from HR department.
- Acts as Finance Manager when Finance Manager is absent.
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s line manager corresponding to actual needs of PIN and its projects.
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by employee’s line manager.
- Minimum bachelor degree.
- Minimum 2-year experience in finance management, accountancy
- Knowledge of donors’ rules and regulations USAID, EC, ECHO, SCD, etc
- Motivation to work in NGO/humanitarian sector.
- Good IT skills - Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Fluent in English and Arabic. Turkish is an added advantage
- Excellent communication, organization, negotiation and interpersonal skills with the ability to easily establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders from a wide variety of backgrounds both internally and externally; able to advocate on behalf of the organization
- Ability to organize and plan effectively, work independently.
On behalf of PIN Employee