Dünya Doktorları Dernegi (DDD)/Medecins du Monde Turkey (MDM-T) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organisation that facilitates access to healthcare for populations affected by armed conflict, violence, natural disasters, disease, famine, poverty and exclusion.
Our organization collaborates with partners and key stakeholders to implement projects that facilitate access to primary and secondary-level healthcare services to respond to the medical needs of displaced population.
DDD is the 16th member of the Doctors of the World International Network that is committed to meeting the health needs of vulnerable people globally.
Since 2015, DDD implements programs in both Turkey and Syria providing refugee and IDP communities with free access to healthcare services. DDD works with a range of humanitarian professionals and technical experts to provide Primary Healthcare (PHC), Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS)services as well as sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
Since the beginning of the Syria and Iraqi crises, Turkey has become host to over 3 million refugees, migrants and asylum seekers which led to an increasing demand for health services. In this context, DDD’s intervention aims to assist local public health systems in providing and improving access to health and health related services to vulnerable populations among refugees and migrants in Turkey, specifically in Hatay, Izmir and Istanbul. In Syria, DDD runs health facilities in Idlib and Afrin provinces to deliver health-related services to IDPs.
Hierarchical & Functional links
Based in Antakya, the Deputy Logistic Coordinator is under the line management of the Logistic Coordinator (based in Istanbul)
- Support the development of the Syria Programme Logistics Strategy and ensure its timely implementation.
- Provide logistics guidance, advice and support to the Syrian’s coordination team
- Ensure that DDD’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented, used and complied with.
- Ensure coordination between departments (HR, Finance, Program, M&E and Grant)
- Ensure that supplies are correctly done and followed according to DDD guidelines.
- Support coordination team and field team on every logistic topics.
- Logistic coordination
- Implement the logistic tools required to achieve the general objectives, in close collaboration with Logistic coordinator.
- Implements logistics process and ensures that all relevant staff are trained and respect the procedures.
- Assist field staff on scheduling all logistics activities needed in order to reach projects objectives.
- Ensures the follow-up of all the logistics tools for a strong capitalization at coordination level and field level(Park state, purchase follow-up, donation follow-up…).
- Communicate regularly with the logisticians and program team in order to ensure then overall understanding of the logistics activities and priorities.
- Program Activities
- Perform the role of technical adviser and take the overall responsibility for the Syria’s program logistic related tasks (approximately 30 staffs) .
- Responsible for the appropriate use and maintenance of equipment: Information Technology, Communications, Mechanics, Energy & Electricity, Cold Chain etc.
- Take part to any assessment when required.
- Develop and maintain strong network of contacts to facilitate emergency responses (customs, suppliers, other NGOs, etc.) and provide logistics support to any emergency responses as per needed.
- Support the program team particularly on transportation related issues: fleet management; etc.
- Help the program in planification of their needs
- Procurement and supply chain
- Ensure the supply chain management for the program in Syria.
- Follow up the implementation and compliance of DDD Logistics procedures (purchase, communication, stock management, fleet management, park status etc.).
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process including overseeing local customs clearance of imports, until delivery of the goods and the official handover of items against signature of receipt.
- Regularly update the purchase plan
- Recording and archiving of all procurements process
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships at national level.
- Regularly train DDD staff on logistic process
- Responsible for validation of purchase file up to 5 000 euros
- Team Management
- Responsible for the line management of Antakya base logistic staff (7) in accordance with HR policies and procedures including recruitment and performance management.
- Facilitate the communication within DDD department regarding the logistics component of the Syria program.
- Responsible for the technical support of all Syria program logistic staff.
- Brief and debrief staff on logistical and technical aspects of the program .
- Meeting representation reporting
- Attend DDD Coordination meetings whenever requested .
- Represent DDD with relevant external organisations and networks at national level and actively network with relevant stakeholders.
- Consolidate logistics reporting (assets, fleet, premises …) and prepare monthly logistic report.
- Organise regular meetings with the logistic team, in order to share all information and problems, finding solutions where necessary.
- Any other related DDD tasks as assigned by supervisor/line manager.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Dünya Doktorları Derneği. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Dünya Doktorları Derneği and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Dünya Doktorları Derneği and amongst beneficiaries served by Dünya Doktorları Derneği.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, DDD requests to its employee complete flexibility in term of duties and commitment, as their job description and job title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
· Ability to work in emergency, to set up a logistical base and build up an operation,
· Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines,
· Experience in managing and work in an international team (diplomatic and strong management skills are mandatory),
· flexibility to adapt to changing requirements,
· Negotiation skills.
· English and Turkish mandatory Arabic fluency will be considered as a strong asset.
|Facility Management||Autonomous||Explain the basics of the equipment management policy (identification, procedures)|
|Management of Offices and Workplace Safety||Autonomous||Sound knowledge of safety hazard and related solutions
Sound technical knowledge of the maintenance principles/tools for all the technical services related to the buildings
Ability to understand and evaluate the pertinency to outsource technical services for building maintenance.
Ability to organize the use of the buildings according to the security needs (relocation/hibernation)
Familiar with local rules/laws related to country real estate
|Vehicle Feet Management||Autonomous||Able to establish appropriate technical procedures, tools and follow-up to manage a fleet with more than 10 vehicles (any type).
Be able to define a vehicle replacement strategy, according to the needs and deployment conditions
Proved mastery of mechanical spare parts, (produce 6-month order spare part, Toyota spare part form)
Ability to evaluate the pertinency of regional outsourcing maintenance services, local and regional purchase (vehicles and spare part) and renting of vehicles
|Information and Communication Technology||Autonomous||Able to explain the DDD IT policy (3S: Security, Standardization, backup System)
Able to perform, verify and re-install a backup
Able to apply installation and maintenance procedures for IT material
Basic knowledge of computer network architecture
Able to follow a logic procedure in order to detect IT problems
|Construction and Renovation||Beginner||Able to draw a detailed diagram with dimension, orientation and elements of description
Able to guide the technical choice of materials
Able to provide maintenance of a building considering the integration of all the other relevant technical families (watsan, energy, etc.)
Good knowledge of local market in terms of materials, technicians, contractors, local law and institutional actors
Capacity to do basic site planning for structure installation (temporary, semi-permanent and permanent structures)
|Vaccination / Drug supply chain||Autonomous||Good Knowledge of measure and control tools of the cold chain
Good Knowledge of basic hardware and able to deploy and maintain
|Safety||Beginner||Able to conduct a critical review of the suitability, efficacy and efficiency of the safety management of a mission.
Train all those involved in a mission in all aspects of safety (context, risk evaluation,
standard procedures, contingency plans, incident reports and analysis).
Be able to define a safety strategies, and to provide appropriate tools and resources for tis implementation.
Develop and maintain a regional, even international, information network capable of aiding DDD in comprehension and ensuring safety in one or more specific contexts
|Strategic Vision||Autonomous||2|| Has an overview and links current actions with organizational objectives
- Contributes towards the global vision.
- Relates the objectives of his/her project to DDD’s objectives.
- Is able to distinguish between working activities that give value to DDD’s objectives and those that do not.
- Sets and maintains an order of priorities in his/her work according to DDD’s strategic objectives.
|Service Orientation||Master||3||Anticipates departments’ needs
- Anticipates the need to offer information about the services provided.
- Offers services that deliver added value to clients.
- Responds to departments’ needs even when the demand is not explicit.
- Thinks about the effect of his/her actions on others.
- Is proactive in ascertaining the future needs of departments and understanding their underlying needs.
|Teamwork and Cooperation||Master||3||Builds team spirit within the organization
- Fosters and encourages collaboration between members of different teams, services and departments, even in difficult situations.
- Explains to others (in meetings, speeches, etc.) the importance of working in teams.
- Acts by example
|Leadership||Autonomous||2||Uses actions and indirect influences to persuade
- Gives solid and coherent arguments to support his/her points to the interlocutor, stressing the key information.
- Uses different communication tools and means (internal and external resources) to get the message across.
- Selects communication strategies to have a persuasive impact on the interlocutor.
- Seeks backup from experts and third parties to strengthen his/her point of view.
- Manages his/her emotions.
|People Management and Development||Autonomous||2|| Works on the growth and development of team members
- Offers each team member an equal opportunity to succeed.
- Publicly acknowledges good performance and positively reinforces it.
- Considers the personal development of each team member and proposes an individual development plan.
Personal skills required:
· Ability to listen and share decisions / Ability to take effective decisions according to the context
· Flexibility, Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability
· Excellent Organizational skills
· Good writing and communication skills / Ability to communicate effectively with informants and contacts from widely-varied organizations and agencies
· Leadership / team player
· Good physical condition
Dünya Doktorları Derneği is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to apply:
- Please apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH through our website.
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 10.02.2020.
Due to the urgency to fill this post, DDD reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
DDD is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
DDD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Dünya Doktorları Derneği
DDD in Turkey, in collaboration with different partners, is running a project aiming at facilitating access and orienting beneficiaries to primary and secondary level of health care services, providing Psycho Social Support for the refugees and migrants in Turkey.
- PSYCHO-SOCIAL COUNSELLOR - SULTANGAZİ
- CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT - BAĞCILAR
- COMMUNITY EVENT OFFICER - FATİH
- DATA ENTRY OPERATOR - IDLIB
- NURSE - IDLIB
- MIDWIFE - IDLIB
- CASE MANAGER - IDLIB
- WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR - IDLIB
- PHARMACIST ASSISTANT - IDLIB
- FIELD OFFICER PARTNERS - IDLIB
- DEPUTY GENERAL DIRECTOR - PROGRAMME
- MIS (Management Information Systems) OFFICER - ISTANBUL
- MHPSS CLINICAL SUPERVISOR - İSTANBUL
- SENIOR COMMUNICATION OFFICER - İSTANBUL
- CME MANAGER - IDLIB
- PROJECT TRANSLATOR-BAĞCILAR
- PROJECT CLEANER-BAĞCILAR