The Director of Finance and Operations is accountable for program financial information, development of strategic initiatives, and human resources. Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Director of Finance & Operations will be responsible for oversight of project finances, administration, and operation on a program supporting media. program. Based in Istanbul, the Finance and Operations Director will ensure efficient and effective program operations and compliant financial protocols to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the COP on the overall financial management of the program, cost efficiency, and optimization of office resources.
- Provide strategic leadership to the project procurement, HR, operations, and finance staff.
- Assure that the program meets all Consultancy Solutions requirements relative to funds accountability and operations within the region.
- Liaise with local company contractor to ensure appropriate application of required laws, regulations, and policies.
- Liaise with local legal representative to confirm the program is fully compliant with local laws.
- Liaise with local recruiting company regarding work permits and payroll.
- Coordinate with local accounting firm to ensure that the program is compliant with local laws and regulations.
- Review the local company financial statements on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy.
- Prepare the monthly invoices for the local company clients in close coordination with the accounting firm.
- Ensure that all incurred program costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Provide oversight to the grant-making program.
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained.
- Review internal controls to ensure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place.
- Manage preparation and submission of monthly country office financial reports (COFRs) through the QuickBooks accounting software system.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and transaction reports.
- Oversee payroll processing
- Oversee the implementation of operational policies and procedures, including staff safety and well-being.
- Assist with logistics of programmatic activities as required.
- Supervise and provide mentoring and training to the program finance team.
- The Finance and Operation Director is responsible for HR, staff hiring documents, onboarding, and management of personnel files, taxes and payroll and other regulatory deductions and allowances, health and life insurance contract management, and all other benefits in Turkey.
- Performs additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by the Chief of Party.
- Other support duties as needed.
Background & Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 12 + years of progressive experience in financial management and/or a master’s degree and 11 years of experience.
- Financial management experience.
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts.
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets.
- Experience administering or overseeing subgrants.
- Full understanding of local laws and regulations.
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs, Excel in particular.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Fluency in English is required; professional proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- To Apply: Please send a CV/resume and a cover letter to email@example.com and Add Director of Finance and Operations 01-2023 in the subject line.