|International Federation Of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies||İstanbul|
IFRC is currently seeking a Driver to support the IFRC Field Coordination team based in Istanbul. Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator in Istanbul (with the technical support from the Logistics team in Ankara), he/she will be responsible for driving the IFRC vehicle and ensuring safe transportation of the IFRC Field Coordinator and/or Field Officers during field missions. This includes weekly travel and overnight stays in Marmara region, Black Sea region and Aegean region.
The Driver may support the IFRC Office in basis requirements associated to logistics and administrative tasks (e.g. picking up goods, dropping off requisitions orders, etc.).
Additionally, he/she may be in charge of driving the IFRC team members, materials and equipment for the programs activities and will perform miscellaneous job-related duties, as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement/maintain Federation standard practices for vehicle.
- Regularly inspect the vehicle prior to taking it away ensuring it conforms to standard road safety measures. Implement/maintain preventative and curative maintenance of vehicles to maximise fleet potential.
- Maintain/check and clean vehicles daily.
- Maintain the vehicle to the service (small or big services).
- Drive the team to various destinations
- Ensure occupants riding assigned vehicles, wear seat belts at all times
- Obey all traffic laws and driving rules as set by the IFRC
- Support the Istanbul office to send documents or any other material out of office.
- Backstop Fleet Movement Staff in his absences or when workload dictates.
- Help prepare IFRC Field Missions in Istanbul region, as required.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Field Coordinator.
- Support the IFRC staff in Istanbul with general administrative activities.
- Carry out any other duties that may arise from time to time.
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Turkey Delegation’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Education qualification at least High School Certification completed.
- Education qualification at least Bachelor’s Degree Certification completed.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a similar position.
- Good driving experience in remote areas of Turkey and knowledge of the Turkish road network
- Experience in working with a wide range of individuals irrespective of culture and socio-economic status
- Working experience with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement/ INGOs/ International Organization/ Non-Profit Organization
Knowledge, skills and languages
- Turkish driving license for at least 5 years.
- Excellent driving skills including 4X4 handling skills.
- Knowledge in Defensive Driving.
- Good mental and physical health.
- Able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Exceptional level of patience and able to work long hours.
- Good interpersonal and communication ability
- Basic mechanical skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate log records.
- Documentation preparation and filing skills.
- Sensitive to cultural and regional issues.
- Good time keeping.
- Experience working as a driver in Istanbul region.
- Ability to travel for multi-day missions in Marmara, Aegean and Black Sea region with overnight stays (on average 3-4 days per week)
- Fluently spoken and written Turkish.
- Capable in understanding, speaking and writing English
Competencies and values
National Society relations, Communication – Teamwork, Professionalism – Integrity – Diversity, Judgement-Decision-making, Results focus and accountability
The Federation is an equal opportunity employer.