General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-profit civil society organization, Orange works on the ground in Turkey and Syria to build the capacity of civil society organizations working to address the significant humanitarian disasters caused by the Syrian crisis.
Our work helps to improve the lives of all those impacted by this disaster, as we give civil society the tools, they need to effectively carry out their work in the region. Ultimately, we strengthen their ability to provide the right solutions to the people who need it the most – the innocent men, women, and children who are unwitting victims of the crisis.
1- Deliver passengers in a safe and timely manner.
2- Taking care of the goods and the good’s documentation.
Duties, objectives, and competencies:
- Perform the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers via Orange’s vehicles, ensuring its technical and safety conditions, and respecting the country’s traffic rules and Orange security rules.
- Demonstrate safe driving practices and procedures.
- Responsible for filling the car log in in the right way in accordance with the logistic policies and submitting the car log on a monthly basis to the head of logistics to maintain logistics archiving.
- Daily check the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.).
- Practice safe driving habits and ensure the safety of passengers in the vehicle while driving carefully and observe speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as adhere to Orange’s security rules to avoid accidents.
- Ensure the vehicle is always in good condition following instructions and guidelines of Logbook and carry out a handover if any other colleague uses the vehicle.
- Ensure all passengers have all the necessary papers in order before traveling
- Inform the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers or goods.
- Understand and respect the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints, speed cameras, and roadblocks. Ensure all passengers know and respect the security rules.
- Good mannered, respectful, and reliable character.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Two years of previous work experience as a driver.
- Clear communicator and willing to work outside of normal working hours.
- Basic and simple car maintenance experience is required.
- Arabic and Turkish languages are required. English is a plus.
- Turkish citizen.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
- Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
- Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
- Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
- Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
- Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child safeguarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact.
How to apply
• Kindly submit your application through this link: https://apps.orange.ngo/jobs/apply/e3eb359d-1e21-4a31-84b5-bba603ee542f
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not have heard from us within two weeks after the application deadline, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.
• Please note that the position may be filled before the deadline of submission of applications
Orange - Turuncu Eğitim Derneği
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis in both Turkey and Syria with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities where we work in are ready for any future disasters.