Vacancy Notice Number:
Gaziantep – Turkey
6 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G2)– with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
28 October 2021
Number of People to be hired
Internal & External Candidates
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Administrative Assistant and direct supervision of Logistics and Fleet Assistant, the incumbent is responsible for providing driving/messenger support and staff travel throughout Mersin for authorized and official purposes and other duties associated with the driving of IOM vehicles.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive IOM vehicle(s) and transport authorized personnel, and others as requested by the supervisor.
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle: oil check, water, batter, brakes, tires, etc.
- Ensure the vehicles are serviced timely as per maintenance schedules.
- Make sure the vehicles have always full tanks prior to field trips.
- Ensure the vehicles are kept clean as well as maintain proper personal hygiene to respect the sensitivities of passengers using the vehicle.
- Ensure that IOM vehicle(s) are used only for official/authorized business as advised by the supervisor.
- Filling in of the daily log sheet for travel including mileage, fuel consumption, destinations, and passengers in English
- Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions which involve IOM and its officials.
- Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in an accident
- Compliance with security practices and radio checks as it pertains to the UNDSS security plans for Turkey.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting capabilities;
- Proven knowledge of local traffic laws and routes of the duty station;
- Knowledge of radio operations (VHF/HF);
- Proven safe driving record;
- Previous experience in working with other International Organization.
- Fluency in Turkish and working knowledge of English is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
- Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
- Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
- Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sok. No:24 06610, Çankaya, Ankara Turkey by the end of 28 October 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- Project Field Coordinator
- Project Assistant (Social Services)
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant re-advertised
- Communications Assistant (Videographer/Photographer)– re-advertised
- Senior Project Assistant (WASH)
- Project Assistant (Protection) re-advertised
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Enumerator
- On-call Interpreter
- Project Assistant (Livelihood) re-advertised