|Türkçe (C2, Level 6, Advanced)|
Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Driver.
About the Job
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the development of country strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
The main tasks of the Driver will be to drive DRC staff and assets/equipment in a safe and reliable manner and maintain the safety and good running condition of DRC vehicle being used.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for any vehicle he/she is driving, transporting authorized DRC personnel on official duty and cargo to the points of destination. This includes collecting materials from projects and suppliers
• Pick and drop the assigned users of vehicle
• Drive safely the passengers, keeping in mind the security of passengers and belongings
• Assist passengers to load and unload personal or official belongings
• Fill out the vehicle logbook and ensure passenger signature for every trip
• Ensure the car is always at minimum half a tank and to refuel when necessary
• Responsible for the designated vehicles being representative and clean (interior as well as exterior) at all times
• Perform general check up on the cars (engine oil, brake oil, tire pressure, wiper fluid, radiator fluid, etc.) to make sure the car is road worthy in the morning
• Ensure all vehicle’s equipment and tools are clean and in place
• Physical inspection of all DRC-rented vehicles upon request by fleet manager
• Provide assistance in all procurement and supply requisitions of office and project equipment, supplies, materials, and furniture as tasked by Supervisor
• Other relevant task given by the supervisor
• Pick-up or delivery goods to or from the site
• Implement duties in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and represent DRC in a good way
• Respect of national driving laws
To be successful in this role, you must have a valid driving license.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
• Proven driving experience in a similar position
• Knowledge of local area
• Technical expertise in basic vehicle repairs
• Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures
• Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data
• Knowledge of transportation
• Fluency in local language
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 3 Months
Employment Band: J
Designation of Duty Station: Adana
Start date: ASAP
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 03.04.2023
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!