|Vacancy Notice Number:||VN#TR/2018/232|
|Classification:||9 months Special Short Term Graded contract – with possible extension (G2)|
|Duty Station:||Ankara- Turkey|
|Deadline of Applications:||11 January 2019|
|Eligibility||Internal and external applications will be considered.|
|Number of Vacant Positions:||2|
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics / Procurement Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide reliable and secure driving services by utilizing the assigned IOM vehicle to transport IOM staff members and visitors.
2. Movement shall take place as per the authorized routing following UN Department of Safety and Security rules and regulations.
3. Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness of the same. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, battery, fan belt, etc...
4. Ensure vehicle, registration, insurance and regular service are taking place in timely manner.
5. Perform minor repairs, arrange for major repairs, and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
6. Make sure that the vehicle always has full tank prior to departure especially for long trips.
7. Find the most direct routing over the best available roads to the aimed destination.
8. Meet official personnel at the airport and facilitate immigration and customs formalities as required.
9. Negotiate, liaise and coordinate with local authorities to facilitate vehicle movements in designated areas, when required.
10. Ensure that the IOM vehicle is used only for official/authorized business, as advised by the Logistics/Fleet Officer.
11. Make sure that the daily logbook is instantly updated after each movement.
12. Ensure that the fuel receipts to be provided to the Logistics Assistant for consumption monitoring purpose.
13. Keep a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions, which involves IOM and its officials.
14. Take proper measurements to reduce potential security threats to the passengers within the immediate vicinity of the vehicle and along transport routes.
15. Deliver and collect goods, mail, documents and other items as assigned.
16. Ensure that the steps required by the local rules and regulations (pertaining to driving) are taken in case of involvement in accident.
17. Identify any apparent problems during the trips and report them to the Logistics Officer.
18. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Logistics Officer.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• Valid Driving License
• Adequate knowledge of local traffic laws and routes of the duty station
• Defensive driving techniques
• Previous experience in working with IOM or other international organizations in the field
Fluency in Turkish is required. Acceptable English proficiency is advantageous.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity:
Shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, culture, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political conviction and other differences.
• Encourages the inclusion of all team members and stakeholders while demonstrating the ability to work constructively with people with different backgrounds and orientations.
• Promotes the benefits of diversity; values diverse points of view and demonstrate this in daily work and decision making.
• Challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace.
• Integrity and transparency:
Upholds and promotes the Standards of Conduct and Unified Staff Regulations and Rules.
• Delivers on commitments; manages the organization’s resources reliably and sustainably.
• Embraces and encourages transparency, balancing this with the need for discretion and confidentiality as appropriate.
• Maintains impartiality and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour.
• Does not abuse one’s position and acts without consideration of personal gain. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns.
Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
• Seeks to raise professional standards in self and others through daily work and activities.
• Adapts quickly to change and is decisive and versatile in face of uncertainty.
• Shows self-control and persistence when faced with difficult problems and remains calm in stressful situations.
• Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners; relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands individual and collective responsibilities.
• Willingly puts in extra effort without being asked and adopts a "hands-on" approach whenever necessary to achieve team objectives.
• Coordinates own work with that of the team to meet agreed priorities and deadlines.
• Delivering Results:
•Produces quality results and provides quality services to clients.
• Meets goals and timelines for delivery of products or services.
• Manages time and resources efficiently, monitoring progress and making adjustments as necessary.
• Shows understanding of own role and responsibilities in relation to expected results.
• Managing and sharing knowledge:
•Keeps abreast of new developments in own field of competence and creates opportunities for knowledge management initiatives.
• Shares knowledge and learning willingly, and proactively seeks to learn from the experiences of others.
• Puts new learning into practice and draws on diverse sources of ideas and inspiration.
• Contributes to the identification of improvements to work processes and assists in implementing them.
•Accepts personal responsibility for quality and timeliness of work.
• Takes ownership of all responsibilities within own role and honours commitments to others and to the Organization.
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules.
• Accepts and gives constructive criticism; acknowledges and corrects mistakes and apply lessons learned for improvement.
•Presents information using language and sequence of ideas that is easy for recipients to understand.
• Adapts communication to the recipient’s needs, asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication.
• Encourages others to share their views, using active listening to demonstrate openness and to build understanding of different perspectives.
• Listens carefully and genuinely to the views and positions of others; acts on received information.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid residence / working permit residing in Turkey will be considered.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail or to IOM Birlik Mahallesi Sehit Kurbani Akboga Sokak No:24 Cankaya, Ankara by the end of 11 January 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people.
The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
- On-Call Trainer/Interpreter
- Project Assistant
- National Programme Officer (Immigration and Border Management (IBM))-re-advertised
- National Programme Officer (Immigration and Border Management (IBM))
- Senior Data Quality Control Assistant
- Data Processing Assistant
- Senior MEAL Assistant
- Senior Project Data Assistant (M and E)
- Warehouse Assistant
- HR Assistant (re-advertised)