General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
The Driver will be responsible to drive GOAL owned and rented vehicles with in territory of Turkey, with their base in Şanlıurfa and other locations depending the Line Managers in structure.
- Drive GOAL Syria owned and rented vehicles to give service to GOAL staff as required and given schedule by the Fleet Officer.
- Deliver GOAL messages to different Organizations, Ministries, and Companies etc.
- Always carry out basic security checks on the vehicles that he/she uses before starting driving and at the end of the day. (Tyre pressure/condition, battery water, fuel & oil levels, radiator water etc.)
- Ensure the vehicle meets the maintenance schedule and should inform the Fleet Officer of any faults as and they occur.
- Maintain neat & accurate record of all journeys in the Daily Vehicle Record Sheet.
- Carry out the daily vehicle check and inventory.
- Report immediately any damage or accident to the Fleet Officer & Logistics Manager following correct procedures in the case of the accident, incident or complaints.
- Ensure the car is kept clean and tidy always.
- Assist the expatriate staff in translation/interpretation as requested by the required staff.
- Ensure that the vehicle is only used for GOAL approved purposes.
- Keep and respect GOAL driving regulation as per the GOAL personnel manual.
- Respect traffic regulation as per the Road Transport and Traffic regulation.
- Responsible for the collection, storage, transport and final delivery of all goods in his/her vehicle.
- Ensure every passenger wears Safety Belt before start driving the vehicle.
- Avoid using mobile phones when driving GOAL vehicles at any time & place.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor.
- To be able to freely communicate in English, both understanding English speech and being able to communicate the messages in English
- Turkish Citizenship
- Basic technical knowledge.
- A minimum of four years experience.
- A minimum of Grade three valid driving licenses.
Key qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered necessary for the specific post which are believed to be key to the success of the job holder in the specific post):
- Average speaking and understanding English language.
- Very good knowledge and application of the country’s as well as organization’s Driving, Road Transport & Traffic regulations
- Team oriented and flexible; keen to take initiative where appropriate.
- Accountability & responsiveness within areas of responsibilities
Desirable qualities, Skills and Competences: (list of qualities that are considered desirable for the specific post):
- Good knowledge and skill in Auto Mechanics.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close 16 May 2019.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households. GOAL worked in Turkey in 2015-2016 to respond to the Health needs of Syrians in Turkey and will resume programming in Turkey in 2018 with a focus on Protection needs.