Post Title: Driver
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Mardin, Turkey
Duration: Contract until 31 July 2021 (2 months probation)
Application closing Date: 15/07/2020
Welthungerhilfe is a private, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational organization that supports people living in deprivation and poverty, irrespective of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs or their worldview. WHH is working in the fields of development cooperation and humanitarian aid, relief aid, rehabilitation and reconstruction.
WHH implements projects in Turkey assisting Syrians under Temporary Protection in their various needs, ranging from the provision of basic needs requirements through cash transfer up to protection related interventions and livelihoods activities. WHH receives funds from its donors for its projects. Whenever necessary funds are provided the duration of the announced post may be extended, if enough fund cannot be found, the activities will stop completely or partially before the envisaged date and the employment contract shall be terminated.
Under the direct supervision of the Fleet supervisor, the Driver provides efficient and effective support to the project assigned to him/her.
Responsibilities of Driver:
1. Drive office vehicles as scheduled
- Drive staff members and partners
- While in the field, maintain radio/mobile phone contact with the base on a regular basis
- Keep the vehicle’s logbook up to date
2. Maintain office vehicles
- Clean vehicles (inside/outside) on a regular basis
- (Re)fuel vehicles
- Perform vehicle checks on a regular basis (daily check of liquids, etc.)
- Report suspected mechanical problems
3. Assist in administrative and secretarial tasks
- Provide logistic support for official events
- Pay bills (water, electricity, telephone)
- Buy daily use items (upon request)
- Collect and deliver official documents and pick up/deposit equipment, purchases etc.
4. Specific tasks
- Provide daily updates on security, street conditions, etc., using all available information (incl. actual radio news on traffic situations), exchange information with other office drivers and security officers
- Load/unload and set-up/dismantle equipment transported to and from the office
In addition to the above, the Driver may be asked to carry out other duties requested by his direct supervisor
Education: minimum secondary school
Working Experience: Minimum 2-3 years of working experience in a similar position. Preferably in a Non-Profit Organization
Skills/knowledge: Valid driving license (type B), no history of major car accidents within last 3 years, very good familiarity with the area of the project/program
Personality requirements: Ability to integrate in a inter-cultural team, hardworking, good communication skills, attentive to detail, co-operative.
Language Skills: Turkish required (written & spoken), basic English and Arabic are advantageous
The applicants should submit a letter of motivation and CV in English to gelbasla.com by 15/07/2020 at the latest.
CV should include information about education, qualifications, professional experience and professional references. Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. WHH reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.