Duty station: Gaziantep
Starting Date: 15 November 2020
Line Manager: Logistic Assistant
Insana Değer Derneği (IDD) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation providing relief and development assistance in Turkey. IDD is committed to the best practice and quality of work of its staff, its partner organisations and other associates. IDD programs focus mainly on livelihood, food security, rural rehabilitation and emergency education. Operations are managed from Turkey where IDD’s main office is established serving as administrative and logistics support of program being implemented directly or through partners.
General Post Description
The Driver is in charge of transportation of people, material and documentation in accordance with safety procedures and IDDs and Turkey national rules. He/she is also responsible for car maintenance.
Functional and hierarchical reporting lines
The Driver is supervised by Logistics Assistant and collaborates with logistics department.
Principal responsibilities and Tasks:
- Driving safely and according to IDDs and Turkey national rules
- Map out driving routes ahead of time to determine the most expedient trip
- Maintaining the organized travel schedule
- Entailing dropping and picking up staff of the organization from meetings, airplane terminals, official visits etc.
- Transporting material and documentation upon requests of Logistics and Procurement Manager, Logistics Officer, Logistics Assistant, Country Director, Area Coordinator, PMs.
Cars maintenance, services and fees
- Responsibility for car maintenance (cleaning, changing oil and other liquids such as for Air-condition, Brakes, etc.)
- Carrying out routine checks on vehicles and ensure they are ok for use.
- Reporting of car maintenance and damages to Logistics Assistant, Logistic Officer or Logistics and Procurement Manager and dealing with rent company.
- Keeping up a travel log to record areas travelled to, travel time, and work hours and responsibility that all logbooks are being archived in order
- Make sure that all the cars have always at least 1/2 fuel tank and before weekends at least 3/4 fuel tank
- Make sure that all cars have prepaid all the highways fees and also that all parking fees have been paid
Support to office management
- Small office and guesthouse repairs
- Carry out small purchases as requested by Logistics Officer and Logistic Assistant
- Acting as a Receptionist by visitor registration maintaining a register of incoming visitors, filling out the daily office attendee list, archiving related documents
- Assisting with office re-arrangement for various meetings/events or keep in order - Occasional handyman jobs in the Office, such as small office repairs
- Loading and unloading organization’s goods/samples when needed
- Other tasks assigned by employee’s Line Manager corresponding to actual needs of the mission, programs, and projects
- Substitute relevant colleagues (fully or partially) during their absence when assigned by employee’s Line Manager
- Understand and adhere to the National Staff Handbook, IDD Code of Conduct, IDD Key Policies and relevant guidelines.
* Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.