International Sustainability and Development Yönetim Danışmanlık Hizmetleri ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi (hereinafter “ISD”) is seeking an Education Manager to join our team. ISD is an international development company that promotes meaningful change around the world to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives.
2. POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Education Manager will be part of the core Program team who will develop, design, and plan ISD’s integrated interventions to enhance access and quality of education for all children. S/he will identify, develop, and monitor implementation of ISD’s instruction and pedagogy training modules. The Education Manager will provide day-to-day oversight of technical activities related to quality education training modules and liaise closely with the Protection Manager to ensure that activities include safeguarding for children from potential adverse impacts.
The Education Manager will adhere to and act in accordance with ISD’s professional code of ethics, “Living Our Values,” and will make the principles of the code a part of the program’s culture and operating procedures. S/he will uphold ISD's safeguarding standards at all times and will promote a safeguarding culture among partners, beneficiaries, and staff. S/he will also foster and maintain good relationships with potential and actual grantees\ will disclose any affiliations that could be perceived as a conflict of interest and will maintain confidentiality regarding program activities.
3. DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee day-to-day technical implementation of program’s education interventions
- Contribute to design of quality education activities, with a focus on literacy and numeracy, in collaboration with the Programme Lead
- Review deliverables received from partners to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Direct day-to-day relationships with quality education activity partners including Education Directorates and NGOs to ensure effective implementation
- Contribute to reports on quality education interventions as needed
- Work closely with Child Protection Manager to ensure successful integration of safeguarding and psychosocial support into quality education interventions
- Work closely with the MEL director to develop monitoring and evaluation tools and plans related to quality education interventions and to incorporate feedback from the field and MEL into intervention design.
4. PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE
The assignment is long-term through the life of the programme
5. LOCATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The assignment will be conducted in Gaziantep with intermittent travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in developing and implementing different education programs to improve education quality. Experience mentoring and providing technical oversight to staff is preferred.
- Knowledge of in-service teacher professional development in the context of literacy and numeracy
- Strong understanding about the context, conflict and security situation in Syria, previous experience in Syria strongly preferred.
- Experience working with different levels of stakeholders; local actors, local and international NGOs
- Knowledge of the political, humanitarian, and education sector dynamics within the Syrian context
- Team player with strong communication and writing skills
- Professional proficiency speaking, reading, and writing English and Arabic required.
- Turkish nationality is required
Please be advised that this is a local position and as such only applications from candidates with a valid Turkish ID will be considered.
7. SUPERVISION AND REPORTING
The Education Manager will report to the Programme lead
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and a Cover letter provided in the apply button referring to the position they are applying for by December 18th, 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.