SCI employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Save the Children is seeking job applications for an Education Project Manager in anticipation of a forthcoming 12-month BPRM-funded award supporting Syrian Refugees in Hatay. The Education Project Manager will be the principal representative of the project and will work with Save the Children Turkey Country Office in Turkey. The Education Project Manager will ensure adherence to overall technical and programmatic quality in implementation, compliance with BPRM rules and regulations, and the timely submission of all deliverables, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans, reports as required.
Start date: September 2019. The funding for this position is not fully secured yet.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Operations Director
Staff directly reporting to this post: Contract Coordinator, Education Officer
Budget Responsibility: $1 million
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Project delivery, management, coordination and quality assurance
- Hold overall responsibility for high-quality design and implementation of all aspects of the program, based on actual needs and response analysis.
- Provide strategic guidance, strong leadership and ensure technically sound decision-making processes in coordination with the Education and Child Protection Technical Advisors.
- Ensure regular and on time monitoring and monthly reporting on all program management aspects including the Award Action Plan (phased budget and actual expenses analysis, work-plan progress and updating, procurement plan revision, IPTT data collection and analysis and monitoring of indicators, partner sub-awards and capacity building plans). Flag and troubleshoot when issues arise during implementation.
- Lead, coach, support and mentor project staff in the areas of responsibility in the delivery of the program’s goals and objectives.
- Represent Save the Children in all relevant fora at all times.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to Save the Children and BPRM rules and regulations.
- Ensure timely implementation of the program in collaboration with program staff, and relevant departments.
- Take full responsibility for the delegated budget holding function on the programmatic aspects of the program, participate actively in award review meetings and contribute to financial decision making, ensuring that value for money can be effectively demonstrated to the donor.
- Ensure that MEAL tools are systematically implemented and used by project staff in cooperation with the Program Development and Quality (PDQ) team.
- Support baseline surveys, needs assessments, regular monitoring, review and evaluation in cooperation with the MEAL team
- Foster an integrated approach by coordinating and cooperating with all other thematic areas during program implementation and for future program design and development.
- Produce high quality reports within agreed reporting schedules.
- Ensure that cross-cutting themes such as child participation, child protection and gender are effectively integrated throughout implementation.
- Ensure that established international, national and inter-agency standards and guidelines are followed.
- Ensure the Child Safeguarding Policy is understood by staff, suppliers and government partner(s) within the program and that it is integrated into all aspects of the team’s work.
- Document program learning, and incorporate analysis and lessons learned into new strategies/activities and advocacy work.
- Ensure that program delivery happens in strict adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular contact with Save the Children’s relevant Technical Backstop to ensure donor needs are adhered to and technical design is in line with Save the Children’s Global strategic direction.
- Support, where needed, the Contract Coordinator on managing the suppliers, ensuring that the transportation activities are conducted under Do No Harm principle.
Performance management and capacity building
- Line-manage program staff in the areas of responsibility, ensuring they have clear objectives and receive meaningful feedback on their performance regularly, in collaboration with the human resources department.
- Identify capacity building requirements of staff and lead on development of capacity building plans, ensuring resourcing and implementation.
- Contribute to advocacy, strategies and research initiatives.
- Support fundraising in the areas of responsibility and in donor liaison where appropriate.
- Participate in Country Office emergency preparedness and planning processes.
- Where relevant, integrate emergency preparedness (awareness, activities) in all program planning and team meetings to ensure its consideration in all stages of programming
- In case of emergency, be prepared to contribute to the delivery of an appropriate and timely response.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding policy, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and level of responsibility.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 4 years of experience working in emergency response or fragile state contexts in (I)NGOs
- Bachelor degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Experience in managing Education in Emergencies programmes, focusing on supporting refugee populations in crisis areas for (I)NGOs.
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, and all aspects of project management.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and supervision of staff and in building and maintaining a high performing team.
- Experience in promoting children’s rights and gender, including participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Proven experience building capacity of local NGOs, and government bodies and collaborating closely with multi-level stakeholders.
- Inter-personal skills to influence and guide staff and government partners in identifying programming opportunities and resolving programme challenges.
- Experience applying remote management techniques.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Turkish and English
- Fluency in Arabic
- Masters’ (or higher) degree in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of BPRM regulations and policies.
Benefits Package provided to National Staff:
- Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
- Transportation allowance
- Annual leave
- Private Medical insurance.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Kindly ensure that you apply in English with your up to date CV and a cover letter by explaining your salary expectation.
Save the Children
- Child Protection Technical Specialist (Only national applications)
- Supply Chain Officer (Only national applications)
- Senior MEAL Officer (Only national applications)
- Protection Coordinator (Only national applications - Short term position)
- Tercüman (Doğum izni süresince)
- Procurement Coordinator-Maternity Leave cover (Only national applications)
- Saha Çalışanı (Toplum Katılımı)-Kısa Dönem Kontrat